Bilateral Innovations – The Artistic Flow Approach to EMDR Therapy
The Artistic Flow Approach to EMDR Therapy provides a new alternative for producing bilateral stimulation. Using pre-selected works of visual art, the client is instructed to hold the artwork in their hands and let their eyes move naturally across the page. The surprisingly natural, bilateral stimulation that follows can be used for installing a safe/calm place and for reprocessing memories during phases 3-6 of EMDR therapy. Compatible with both AIP theory and the 8-Phase, EMDR Standard Protocol, Mark Odland’s case studies have led him to believe that the approach may be effective for a wide range of clients, and particularly helpful for clients triggered by the therapy process itself. The Artistic Flow Approach can minimize a client’s anxiety by providing more adequate personal space, guarding against feelings of objectification, and introducing beauty into a process that can at times feel cold and clinical; all while retaining the benefit of eye movements.
In this course, Mr. Odland provides participants with a theoretical framework for why the approach works, and an expanded selection criteria to help them identify clients who might specifically benefit from it. He also provides detailed scripts for how to use the approach with clients, free resources, and specific interventions for how to conceptualize and implement the approach for each of the 8 phases of EMDR therapy. Grounded firmly in AIP theory and the 8-Phase, Standard Protocol, he draws not only from his knowledge as an EMDRIA-Approved Therapist, Consultant, and CE-Provider, but also on what he learned while earning his art degree at Augustana University. It is Mr. Odland’s hope that the course will be an immediate benefit to participants and their clients, and looks forward to their feedback in order to refine and improve the course over time.
Mark Odland is an EMDR therapist, consultant, and educator. He is a Certified Therapist, Approved Consultant, and Approved CE Provider with the EMDR International Association, and an Approved Consultant and Basic Training Facilitator with EMDR HAP (Trauma Recovery). Mark owns a group private practice near Minneapolis, MN, where he practices as a License Marriage and Family Therapist. As an award-winning visual artist and former art major, this course blends Mark’s passion for the visual arts with EMDR therapy. It is his hope that the Artistic Flow Approach will provide a natural, elegant, and intuitive alternative to traditional forms of producing eye movements, and that in collaboration with his colleagues around the world, the approach will be improved and refined over time. In addition to The Artistic Flow Approach, Mark is also the author of the EMDR Coloring Book series, and creator of the EMDRIA-Approved distance-learning course, Spiritual Trauma & EMDR Therapy – 7 Steps to Help Clients Heal.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify why the approach is compatible within the EMDR Standard Protocol.
- Define at least one intervention utilizing visual art for when reprocessing appears to be stuck.
- Identify the difference between the “Spontaneous Flow” and “Self-Directed Flow” strategies within the approach.
- Explain how artistic principles are able to produce the eye movements necessary for reprocessing.
To register for this course and for more information please visit: HERE
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 3 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- Florida Certification Board
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2007
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Non Interactive .