Cultural Competency Live Webinar
LIVE INTERACTIVE WEBINAR
Friday, January 18, 2019
12:00 PM EST 10:00 AM Mountain Time
This workshop will provide attendees with an overview of cultural diversity and cultural competency issues facing therapists and counselors in the twenty-first century. This webinar helps clinicians recognize the process of developing cultural competency for working with clients. The webinar is easy to follow and provides excellent case examples. This webinar also identifies strategies for clinicians to use when encountering individuals from a different culture than themselves. There are opportunities for interactive discussion.
Intended Audience: Psychologists, social workers, mental health counselors and marriage and family therapists can benefit from this course. This course may also be helpful for other practitioners, such as midwives, dieticians, and nutritionists who also need continuing education in the area of cultural competency. Some states that require continuing education courses for licensed professionals require cultural diversity or cultural competency training as part of license or certification renewal. This course is appropriate for beginning, and intermediate level practitioners who wish to learn about cultural diversity and cultural competency.
Presenter Bio: Toni DiDona, PhD
Toni DiDona has an A.A. degree from Emory and a B.A. degree from the University of Miami. She earned both her MSW degree and her Ph.D. at Florida International University where she won the Academic Excellence Award in 1989. Toni has over 30 years of clinical experience in the field including 15 years of teaching experience in graduate level psychology, social work, counselor and marriage and family therapy programs. She is currently a full professor at CAU, a fully accredited university in South Florida, where she coordinates the Masters in IO psychology program. She has published in numerous areas, including training and cultural differences. She is a licensed clinical social worker in the state of Florida. She is a board approved clinical supervisor for a variety of disciplines and a continuing education provider with numerous national and state board approvals in psychology, social work, counseling, substance abuse, and nursing.
Certificates will be awarded after the entire (one hour) webinar has been completed and the evaluation has been completed.
This course is approved for NBCC credit!
12:00 PM EST – Start Cultural Diversity Webinar
1:00 PM EST – End Cultutal Diversity Webinar
1. Identify cultural awareness and how it impacts cultural competence.
2. Distinguish cultural identity and a cultural lens of counseling.
3. Recognize how the RESPECT mnemonic can be used to reinforce culturally responsive attitudes and behaviors.
Cancellation and Refunds
Our cancellation and refund policy for courses purchased at our website is that participants have 5 business days from the date of purchase to request a refund for any course not completed. The exam fee for this course covers the materials via webinar or recording, exam, evaluation, and certificate.
Complaints and Grievances
All complaints and grievances are reviewed within 5 working days. Formal grievances are required to be written and will be responded to within 10 business days. Please send all grievances to email@example.com
Ce-Classes.com is ADA compliant. Please contact us to request special accommodations for disability by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 954-290-8446.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023 Social workers participating in this course will receive 1 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- The National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) Ce-Classes.com has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6320. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Ce-Classes.com is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Florida Certification Board
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2004
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
This course is Interactive.