Cirque Lodge – Affirmation, Belief, and Connection: The ABCs of working with LGBTQ Clients
January 16, 2019
January 17, 2019
This 180 minute workshop will combine lecture, experiential, action,and collaborative work surrounding the need to address understandingand sensitivity to LGBTQ+ communities. It will shed the umbrella of LGBTQ+ in order to look at specific traumas of the Lesbian, Gay,Bisexual, Transgender and Queer communities as individual subcultures. Starting with an overview and refreshment of terminology, thecourse will create a path of understanding and exploring deeper understanding of the LGBTQ+ communities. Participants will engage in didactic dialogue, and collaborative efforts in order to best address specific struggles for their LGBTQ+ clients.
Beck resides in Los Angeles, CA. Beck completed undergraduate work in the field of Sociology with a focus on Gender, Sexuality, and Addiction from Montana State University in Bozeman, Montana. His undergraduatethesis was a study on addiction in LGBTQ+ rural communities. Beck’s master’s degree is in Addiction Studies from Hazelden. Beck has facilitated trainings and given lectures around the world at conferences, prisons, schools, treatment centers focusing on LGBTQ+ communities and addiction. Beck is very passionate about the Transgender community and the effects of addiction and stigma within the Trans/LGBQ+ populations. He continues to train clinicians and facility staff on LGBTQ+ issues, help facilities establish LGBTQ+ inclusive policies, and provide program development for facilities that want to expand their services to LGBTQ+ populations. Beck is currently the owner & lead consultant at BGC Consulting.
8:30am Registration / Continental Breakfast
9:00am Workshop Begins
12:15pm Workshop Concludes
12:15 Lunch (included with workshop)
Obtain and refresh information surrounding LGBTQ terminology
Explore and identify implications within each specific LGBTQ sub culture.
Explore the LGBTQ specific intersections of trauma with health, spirituality, mental health and maladaptive coping skills.
To register for this live workshop please visit:
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 3 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2003
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
This course is Interactive .