EMDR HAP – ON DEMAND – Roger Solomon Presents Utilization of EMDR with Police and First Responders
On Demand- Pre Recorded
Men and women put have chosen to put themselves in harm’s way to protect us. We owe them our gratitude, respect, and the highest quality of service. Many EMDR therapists will work with police, paramedics or other emergency service personnel are involved in traumatic situations. Further current critical incidents can trigger past traumatizing experiences, both personal and professional, that need to be dealt with.
This Workshop will discuss important elements of the first responder culture and psychology (e.g. how do people go into emergency and dangerous situations that other people run away from), and important treatment considerations to enhance credibility and treatment success. Video material from EMDR treatment sessions of personnel involved in traumatic incidents will illustrate treatment principles.
Dr. Roger Solomon is a psychologist and psychotherapist specializing in the areas of trauma and grief. He is on the Senior Faculty of the EMDR Institute and provides basic and advanced EMDR training internationally. He currently consults with the US Senate, NASA, and several law enforcement agencies. As a police psychologist with the South Carolina Department of Public Safety, he is Clinical Director of the Post Critical Incident Seminar (PCIS), a three day post trauma rehabilitation program that draws on both psychological first aid and EMDR therapy. Working with the South Carolina Army National Guard, he is Clinical Director of the Post Deployment Seminar, a three day program for war veterans.
Dr. Solomon has provided clinical services and training to the FBI, Secret Service, U.S. State Department, Diplomatic Security, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms, U.S. Department of Justice (U.S. Attorneys), and numerous state and local law enforcement organizations. Internationally, he consults with the Polizia di Stato in Italy. Moreover, Dr. Solomon has planned critical incident programs, provided training for peer support teams and has provided direct services following such tragedies as Hurricane Katrina, September 11 terrorist attacks, the loss of the Shuttle Columbia, and the Oklahoma City Bombing. Dr. Solomon has expertise in complex trauma, and collaborates with Onno van der Hart, Ph.D., and others on utilization of EMDR as informed by The Structural Dissociation of the Personality (TDSP). Together with Terese Rando, Ph.D., he has written two articles on EMDR and grief and is writing a book on EMDR and traumatic grief.
- Demonstrate knowledge about the first responder culture
- Identify critical incidents including normal reactions, and phases of the emotional aftermath
- Identify coping strategies for fear and guilt
- Describe how the standard EMDR protocol can be provided to first responders
- Identify appropriate interweaves for processing a critical incident
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 6 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- Florida Certification Board
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0223 Expires 2-2023
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1993
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Non Interactive .