Clinical Practice Guideline for the Management of PTSD and Acute Stress Disorder by VA DoD
This updated Clinical Practice Guideline includes objective, evidence-based information on the management of PTSD and related conditions. It is intended to assist healthcare providers in all aspects of patient care including diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up. Assessing patient condition in collaboration with the patient and his or her caregivers is emphasized, with an eye toward optimizing health outcomes and improving quality of life while minimizing preventable complications and morbidity. The use of patient-centered care is emphasized;
This course is based upon material published by the Department of Veterans Affairs, United States Department of Defense and is available as an open access article.
This course on posttraumatic stress is designed for social workers, professional counselors, psychologists, nurses, and substance abuse counselors, who do clinical work. This course is appropriate for beginning, intermediate and advanced level practitioners who wish to develop their understanding of PTSD. The course material includes a review of treatment protocols. It may also be useful for licensed clinicians who require clinical continuing education courses for license renewal.
Authors: Department of Veterans Affairs, United States Department of Defense
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the practitioner with detailed information regarding stress-related disorders. Specifically, a professional will:
• Describe how to optimize health outcomes and improve quality of life for those struggling with posttraumatic stress
• Identify strategies to minimize preventable complications and morbidity
• Recognize the importance of patient-centered care
Citation: VA DoD (2018). Clinical Practice Guideline for the Management of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and Acute Stress Disorder. Department of Veterans Affairs, United States Department of Defense.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023 Social workers participating in this course will receive 2 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- The National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) Ce-Classes.com has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6320. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Ce-Classes.com is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- Florida Certification Board
- EMDR Consulting NBCC Approval EMDR Consulting, LLC has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6853. EMDR Consulting, LLC is solely responsible for all aspects of this program for NBCC CEs.
- Testing board Exam 09April2018 Board of description , Testing board Exam 09April2018
- Staff Training
- Employees Only: This course is approved for employee training. However, this course does not provide CE credit for licensed or certified professionals.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1975
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
- Testing board Exam 06April2018 Only for testing Purpose’s worked done . Testing Provider #120
- IRENE SIEGEL ONLY – Book EMDRIA Program Approval Number: #13008-DL18
This course is Non Interactive .