Clinical Practice Guideline for the Management of Major Depressive Disorder by the VA/DoD
This updated Clinical Practice Guideline includes objective, evidence-based information on the management of major depressive disorder. Developed by a panel of multidisciplinary experts, it provides a clear explanation of the relationships between various care options and health outcomes while rating both the quality of evidence and the strength of the recommendations.
This course is based upon material published by the Department of Veterans Affairs, United States Department of Defense and is available as an open access article.
This course on major depressive disorder is designed for social workers, professional counselors, psychologists, nurses, and substance abuse counselors, who do clinical work. This course is appropriate for beginning, intermediate and advanced level practitioners who wish to develop their understanding of clinical depression. The course material includes a review of treatment protocols. It may also be useful for licensed clinicians who require clinical continuing education courses for license renewal.
Authors: Department of Veterans Affairs, United States Department of Defense
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the practitioner with detailed information regarding major depressive disorder and related disorders. Specifically, a professional will:
• Describe major depressive disorder and how it impacts patients
• Identify strategies to identify, assess, and triage patients
• Recognize treatment protocols useful in managing depression
Citation: VA DoD Clinical Practice Guideline for the Management of Major Depressive Disorder. 2018. Department of Veterans Affairs, United States Department of Defense.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023 Social workers participating in this course will receive 2 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- The National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) Ce-Classes.com has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6320. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Ce-Classes.com is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1973
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
This course is Non Interactive .