Clinical Practice Guideline for Opioid Therapy for Chronic Pain by the VADoD
This course is based on a systematic review of both clinical and epidemiological evidence on the management of chronic pain. Developed by a panel of multidisciplinary experts, it provides a clear explanation of the logical relationships between various care options and health outcomes. Diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up are covered, with an eye to determining the best treatment methods in collaboration with the patient and his or her care team. Protocols to optimize health outcomes, function, and quality of life are stressed, as are strategies to minimize preventable complications and morbidity. The use of patient-centered care is emphasized.
This course is based upon material published by the Department of Veterans Affairs, United States Department of Defense and is available as an open access article.
This course on the use of opioids for chronic pain management is designed for social workers, professional counselors, psychologists, nurses, and substance abuse counselors, who do clinical work. This course is appropriate for beginning, intermediate and advanced level practitioners who wish to develop their understanding of the use of opioids for chronic pain management. The course material includes a review of treatment protocols. It may also be useful for licensed clinicians who require clinical continuing education courses for license renewal.
Authors: Department of Veterans Affairs, United States Department of Defense
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the practitioner with detailed information regarding opioids and chronic pain management. Specifically, a professional will:
• Describe how to optimize health outcomes and function when treating chronic pain
• Identify strategies to minimize preventable complications and morbidity
• Recognize the importance of patient-centered care
Citation: VA DoD Clinical Practice Guideline for Opioid Therapy for Chronic Pain. 2018. Department of Veterans Affairs, United States Department of Defense.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023 Social workers participating in this course will receive 2 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- The National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) Ce-Classes.com has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6320. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Ce-Classes.com is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Florida Certification Board
- Staff Training
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1971
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
This course is Non Interactive .