Breathe Life Healing Centers Presents: Embodied Self: A Full-Day Seminar on Therapeutic Strategies for Healing Trauma and Shame
December 7, 2018
In-person location: San Francisco, CA
This seminar will review and discuss the interaction between trauma, substance use disorder, eating disorders and psychiatric illnesses, including major mood disorders in a series of focused in-depth presentations from mental healthcare professionals. The focus will be on the interaction of attachment and interpersonal neurobiology on trauma’s effects on the individual, including the role of shame and the stages of trauma treatment and recovery. Presenters will review what they have learned about how the brain is shaped by traumatic experiences, how traumatic stress is a response of the entire organism, and how such knowledge is being integrated into healing practices and therapeutic modalities. Special attention will be given to the LGBTQ community for each presentation topic. The training will be valuable for those working in the areas of: Mental Health Professionals, Addictions Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapists, Psychologists, School Counselors, Prevention Representatives, Employee Assistance Professionals, and others involved with the mental health field. This seminar will be presented at an intermediate level and provide ample time for questions and answers.
9:30-10:30 Keynote by: Mackenzie Phillips, RADT I
10:45 – 12:00 Morning Presentation: TJ Woodward
12:00 – 1:00 Lunch
1:15 – 2:45 Afternoon Presentation I: by Marcella Raimondo, PhD, MPH
3:00-4:30 Afternoon Presentation II: by Kathleen Murphy, LMFT, LPC
4:30-5:00 Panel Discussion Moderated by Kathleen Murphy: Questions & Answers
5:00 Conference Adjourns
Mackenzie Phillips is the Referral Relations team member and a Substance Use Counselor at Breathe Life Healing Centers.
TJ Woodward is a recovery specialist, best selling author, inspirational speaker and the Conscious Recovery group leader at multiple treatment programs.
Marcella Raimondo, PhD, MPH
Marcella Raimondo is a Clinical Psychologist at Kaiser Permanente’s eating disorder clinic on Oakland CA. She also has a private practice and is adjunct faculty at University of San Francisco and UC Berkeley
Kathleen Murphy, LMFT, LPC
Kathleen Murphy is the Executive Clinical Director at Breathe Life Healing Center, where her programs focus is on psycho-education, and experiential group processes heavily influenced by attachment theory as well as psychodramatic techniques.
- Demonstate how building on existing strengths and resilience enable healing
- Apply reparative interventions which empower the individual to release shame and address multiple levels of trauma
- Explore the role of authenticity and vulnerability in the treatment process and therapeutic relationship
- Identify techniques to help patients dismantle core false beliefs that keep them stuck in a pattern of relapse and hopelessness
- Understand the importance of intersectionality and the role it plays in working with diverse populations
- Discuss compassionate multicultural treatment and screening approaches for LGBTQ+ communities with eating disorders using case vignettes
To register for this Live Workhop please visit: www.regonline.com/embodiedself
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 6 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1969
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Interactive .