In-Person Location: Des Moines, Iowa
October 19-20, 2018
This workshop is a practical overview of understanding ego state therapy for dissociative and non-dissociative clients. Participants will get a working model of ego states; how to bring resourced “oldest, wisest” parts to the front and access other positive states; how to heal simple trauma and complex trauma (including sexual trauma), deal with relationship issues (including finding a good relationship), contain and heal distressed and destructive parts in “high-tech” safe places, keep all parts oriented to the present, work with suicidal parts, and deal with personality-disordered clients. The workshop includes lecture and practice. Participants should be able to use ego state therapy with their clients upon completing this workshop. EMDR practitioners will learn how to integrate ego state techniques into their practice. People do not have to have EMDR to utilize 95% of this workshop.
Robin Shapiro, MSW, LICSW has used ego state therapy for more than 36 years. She is the editor/author of EMDR Solutions: Pathways to Healing; EMDR Solutions II; The Trauma Treatment Handbook; and Easy Ego State Interventions. She does psychotherapy in Seattle, gives consultation to clinicians in 4 countries, speaks often at conferences and workshops, and is working on her new book, How to Do Psychotherapy. Her trainings are accessible, transformational, and highly usable.
8:30am – 9:00am Registration
9:00am –10:30am Introduction to Ego States
10:45am-12:00pm Ego States Continued
12:00pm -1:00pm Lunch on your own
1:00pm - 2:30pm Two-Hand technique including practice
2:30pm – 2:45pm Break
2:45pm – 4:00pm Treating Simple Traumas with Ego State Disorder. Practice
8:30am – 9:00pm Registration
9:00am –10:30am Using Ego State Theory with Attachment Issues
10:45am-12:00pm Working with immune system issues. Practice
12:00pm – 1:00pm Lunch on your own
1:00pm – 2:30pm Introduction to DID Clients with case examples
2:30pm – 2:45pm Break
2:45pm – 4:00pm Final states of DID therapies. Possible case consultation, if there’s time
Participants will be able to:
- Define the difference between dissociative and non-dissociative ego states.
- Access resourced “oldest-wisest” and other positive ego states in themselves and their clients.
- Apply skills to assist clients to contain and heal distressed and destructive “parts”.
- Utilize the Two-Hand technique to help clients compare, decide between, or integrate emotions, introjects, ego states, or options
- Conceptualize ego state therapy with attachment issues, relationships, sexual issues, performance enhancement, and trauma recovery.
- Define the functional roles and developmental states of ego states with their clients.
- Identify trauma/broken-attachment based states, dissociative States, and the states that live in Clients and in themselves.
- Apply Ego State Therapy with attachment issues, relationships, sexual Issues, performance enhancement, and trauma recovery.
- Implement interventions for calming immune systems, transforming shame, increasing resourcing, and healing personality disorders
- Apply workshop material immediately upon returning to clinical work.
To Register for this Live Workshop Visit: HERE