Robert Miller – Advanced Image Transformation Therapy Workshop
Sept 29 & 30, 2018
In person location: Oakland, CA
This advanced ImTT workshop will present a new protocol for eliminating anxiety and dissociated memories. An advanced variation of the P/TRP will also be presented.
The three dynamics of OCD will be discussed and the different approaches to treatment depending on which dynamic is present in a behavior. Case studies and videos of OCD treatment will be presented.
The concept of embedded feelings will be further elaborated with a discussion of the difference between feeling-embedded feelings and action-embedded feelings. The identification of action-embedded feelings and their importance in psychological treatment will be also be explained. The use of the Morphing Technique on memories and dreams in order to uncover unconscious psychological material will also be discussed.
In addition to the new material, the workshop will review and deepen participants understanding of important ImTT concepts such as the Survival model of Psychological Dynamics, embedded feelings, the seven Primary Psychological Reactions, and the ImTT concept of the self. This deeper understanding will allow the therapist to more quickly and specifically identify targets for processing while optimizing the client’s psychological development.
Robert Miller received his PhD from Pacifica Graduate Institute in 2005. During his doctoral studies, he developed the basic fundamentals of the Feeling-State Addiction Protocol, utilizing this approach in performing research for his doctoral dissertation. An article describing this approach was published in the journal Traumatology in 2010, originally called “The Feeling-State Theory of Impulse Control Disorders and the Impulse-Control Disorder Protocol.” Dr. Miller began developing the techniques of Image Transformation Therapy because of the need for a better approach to the avoidance dynamic that causes relapses. Eventually, an entirely new therapy developed that resolves some of the most difficult disorders, including PTSD and OCD. Dr. Miller worked at the Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton as a psychologist, working with active duty Marines and Navy personnel who are suffering from combat PTSD. Dr. Miller is currently in private practice in Del Mar, CA. and doing research on the application of ImTT for the treatment of OCD, trauma, anxiety, co-dependence, and many other disorders.
Sat. 8-9 Reg & cont’l breakfast
Sun. 8:30-9 Reg & breakfast
Sat & Sun 9-12 A.M. session (10:30 break)
12-1 Lunch on your own
Sat 1-5 PM
Sun 1-4 PM
Learning Objectives:This course will provide the practitioner with detailed information regarding EMDR. Specifically, a professional will:
• Describe the Survival Model of Psychological Dynamics and its use in ImTT.
• Identify the four different protocols of ImTT.
• Describe how to use the protocols to treat different mental issues including PTSD, GAD, phobias, boundary issues, and OCD.
• Recognize the essential elements of the morphing technique and how to apply it in a therapeutic session.
• Identify the components of the Image De-Construction Protocol.
• Describe the relationship between emotional pain and guilt and how ImTT addresses guilt.
• Distinguish between feeling-embedded feelings and action-embedded feelings.
• Describe the stages of change and why it important for the client to know the stages of change.
• Describe how P/T de-energizes memories and negative cognitions.
• Describe how to identify action-embedded feelings and how to release them.
• Identify the ImTT PTSD protocols and how they are used to treat dissociation.
• Describe how to use the Morphing Technique for both Feeling-State and trauma treatment.
To register for this Live Workshop click here:
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1942
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Interactive .