Supervision for Board Qualified Supervisors in Florida
This is a 4 hour course on supervision that is specifically designed to meet the new requirements for board qualified supervisors in the state of Florida. This course is designed for advanced level practitioners.
A qualified supervisor (Q.S.) who was deemed qualified on or before March 31, 2017, must complete the 4 hours of supervisory training continuing education by March 31, 2023. This requirement was effective on 11-7-2016 and the current biennium does not count in the calculation. Every third biennium, a qualified supervisor shall obtain 4 hours of supervisory training continuing education. (a) These hours shall count toward satisfaction of the continuing education hours required for license renewal for the biennium in which the hours are taken. (b) The course will:
1. Review changes to Florida laws and rules relating to Interns and Supervisors,
2. Discuss various electronic delivery systems for supervision and methods for ensuring confidentiality,
3. Discuss ethical, legal and regulatory issues of supervision, including documentation of the supervisory sessions,
4. Review research of effective supervision models,
5. Review challenges in supervision,
6. Address how cultural issues can affect the supervisory relationship,
7. Discuss accountability of both the supervisor and the intern in the supervisory relationship,
8. Discuss the business aspects of supervision.
Biennium 1 = 4/1/2017 – 3/31/2019 [Not required, but if a Q.S. takes the course, it will reset their clock.] Biennium 2 = 4/1/2019 – 3/31/2021 [Not required, but if a Q.S. takes the course, it will reset their clock.] Biennium 3 = 4/1/2021 – 3/31/2023 [Required if the Q.S. did not take the course in one of the two previous cycles.] A licensee deemed qualified between 4/1/2017 and 3/31/2019 would be required to complete the 4 hour course by 3/31/25. A licensee deemed qualified between 4/1/2019 and 3/31/2021 would be required to complete the 4 hour course by 3/31/27.
Author: Compiled from multiple sources by DiDona, T.
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the practitioner with detailed information regarding supervision of social work, mental health and marriage and family therapy interns in the state of Florida. Specifically, a professional will:
- Identify changes to Florida laws and rules relating to Interns and Supervisors,
- Identify various electronic delivery systems for supervision and methods for ensuring confidentiality,
- Recognize ethical, legal and regulatory issues of supervision, including documentation of the supervisory sessions,
- Identify research of effective supervision models,
- Recognize challenges in supervision,
- Describe how cultural issues can affect the supervisory relationship,
- Identify accountability of both the supervisor and the intern in the supervisory relationship,
- Recognize the business aspects of supervision.
Citation: DiDona, T.M. (2020). Supervision for Board Qualified Supervisors in Florida.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023
- The National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) Ce-Classes.com has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6320. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Ce-Classes.com is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Florida Certification Board
- Staff Training
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
This course is Non Interactive .