CEU Course Details
Clinical Supervision for Supervisors
This is a 3 hour course on supervision that is specifically designed to review requirements for clinical supervisors in the field. This course is designed for advanced level practitioners.
This course provides a review on the following:
- Ethical, legal and regulatory issues of supervision, including documentation of the supervisory sessions,
- Research of effective supervision models,
- Challenges in supervision,
- How cultural issues can affect the supervisory relationship,
- Accountability of both the supervisor and the intern in the supervisory relationship,
- The business aspects of supervision.
- Various electronic delivery systems for supervision and methods for ensuring confidentiality,
Author: Compiled from multiple sources by DiDona, T.
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the practitioner with detailed information regarding supervision of behavioral health clinicians including social work, mental health and marriage and family therapy and psychology interns, Specifically, a professional will:
- Identify various electronic delivery systems for supervision and methods for ensuring confidentiality,
- Recognize ethical, legal and regulatory issues of supervision, including documentation of the supervisory sessions,
- Identify research of effective supervision models,
- Recognize challenges in supervision,
- Describe how cultural issues can affect the supervisory relationship,
- Identify accountability of both the supervisor and the intern in the supervisory relationship,
- Recognize the business aspects of supervision.
Citation: DiDona, T.M. (2018). Supervision for Board Qualified Supervisors in Florida.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) CE-Classes.com, provider #1142, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. CE-Classes.com maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2017-1/5/2020. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.
Social workers participating in this course will receive 3 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- The National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) Ce-Classes.com has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6320. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Ce-Classes.com is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- The National Association of Addiction Professionals (NAADAC) Provider #96981. Expires 9/1/2019
- Florida Certification Board
- Staff Training
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2019
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Ce-Classes.com is approved to provide continuing education by the following professional organizations: ASWB and APA. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by these nationally recognized certifying bodies to satisfy renewal requirements.
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2019.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider – 1622 expires 2/28/2019
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1918
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2019
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education
Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of
continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
This course is Non Interactive .
If you would like to take this course for your CE program, it is recommended that you:
1. Print this page
2. Log In
3. Click the “Get Course Materials” link above, if you do not currently possess the course material
4. Answer the questions on this page as you study your course material
5. Return to this page
6. Click the Take Exam link above to purchase this course
7. Submit your exam and score 75% – if you score lower, review your errors and retake exam.
8. Click on the Print Certificate link
9. Complete the course evaluation, (all items must be completed)
10. Print your certificate
Some courses require Adobe Acrobat reader to be installed. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader,
Download it here for FREE!