Clinical Supervision for Supervisors
This is a 3 hour course on supervision that is specifically designed to review requirements for clinical supervisors in the field. This course is designed for advanced level practitioners.
This course provides a review on the following:
- Ethical, legal and regulatory issues of supervision, including documentation of the supervisory sessions,
- Research of effective supervision models,
- Challenges in supervision,
- How cultural issues can affect the supervisory relationship,
- Accountability of both the supervisor and the intern in the supervisory relationship,
- The business aspects of supervision.
- Various electronic delivery systems for supervision and methods for ensuring confidentiality,
Author: Compiled from multiple sources by DiDona, T.
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the practitioner with detailed information regarding supervision of behavioral health clinicians including social work, mental health and marriage and family therapy and psychology interns, Specifically, a professional will:
- Identify various electronic delivery systems for supervision and methods for ensuring confidentiality,
- Recognize ethical, legal and regulatory issues of supervision, including documentation of the supervisory sessions,
- Identify research of effective supervision models,
- Recognize challenges in supervision,
- Describe how cultural issues can affect the supervisory relationship,
- Identify accountability of both the supervisor and the intern in the supervisory relationship,
- Recognize the business aspects of supervision.
Citation: DiDona, T.M. (2018). Supervision for Board Qualified Supervisors in Florida.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023 Social workers participating in this course will receive 3 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- The National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) Ce-Classes.com has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6320. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Ce-Classes.com is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Florida Certification Board
- Staff Training
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1918
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Non Interactive .