Reduce Identified Physical Risks/ Personal Safety Planning
This course is based on a PowerPoint presentation developed by Ce-Classes.com about how to control aggression in clients. This course first defines aggression and details the various types of aggression. Facts about workplace violence are discussed including the types, incidence and consequences of workplace violence. The course then goes on to discuss both warning signs and common triggers for aggressive behavior. Prevention strategies are reviewed as well as strategies for diffusion of aggressive situations as they are occurring. The course then reviews what to do when responding to an aggressive or violent client. The course ends with what to do after an incident of aggression or violence has occurred, including instructions for documentation.
Psychologists, social workers, mental health counselors and marriage and family therapists can benefit from this course. This course is also helpful for other practitioners, such as certified addictions counselors or staff who work in residential settings with clients. This course is appropriate for beginning and intermediate level practitioners who wish to develop their skills in the areas of aggression control.
Authors: Toni DiDona, Ph.D., L.C.S.W., Ron Black, L.C.S.W.
Learning Objectives: This course will provide a professional with an overview of aggression control in residential settings. Specifically, a professional will:
- Define aggression and different types of aggression
- Indentify warning signs of aggressive or violent behavior as well as strategies for prevention
- Indentify specific steps to take during and after an incident of aggression or violence
Citation: Ce-Classes.Com (2015). Aggression Control: Recognition, Approaches And Diffusion. Reviewed by TM DiDona, PhD 2018 and found to be current. For a full list of current references, please Click Here
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023
- The National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) Ce-Classes.com has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6320. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Ce-Classes.com is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1896
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
This course is Non Interactive .