Rights of Persons Served
This course reviews client rights from a federal and state perspective. The course begins with a history of where some of the federal guidelines originated and includes a review of both the categories of rights, as well as the specific guidelines mandated on a national level. The course content then examines client rights from the perspective of a treatment program and practitioners within a program. Client rights are categorized into recognizable groups and reviewed in greater detail. Confidentiality is addressed as well as access to personal health information. Limits of confidentiality are also addressed. This course is a compilation of common client rights; please note that specific rules and guidelines may vary from state to state.
The content of this course is designed to help employees learn about client rights in an effort to provide better care and treatment for clients in their care.
This course on the rights of persons served (client rights) is designed for employees in agencies and other organizations. It is specifically written for substance abuse counselors, social workers, nurses, and professional counselors and others who work with clients. This course is appropriate for beginning, and intermediate level practitioners who wish to develop their knowledge of client rights. It may also be useful for licensed clinicians who require continuing education courses on client rights.
Authors: Toni DiDona, Ph.D., L.C.S.W., Ron Black, L.C.S.W.
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the practitioner with detailed information regarding client rights. Specifically, a professional will:
· Identify categories of client rights
· Describe specific client rights
· Identify the limits of confidentiality in treatment
Citation: Ce-Classes.com (2017). Client Rights. All rights reserved.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023
- The National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) Ce-Classes.com has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6320. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Ce-Classes.com is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Staff Training
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1892
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
This course is Non Interactive .