CEU Course Details
EMDR HAP – STREAMED – Dawn Brock Presents An Introduction to EMDR Therapy with Military and Veterans
Saturday, July 21, 2018
This event is provided for mental health professionals trained in no less than EMDR Part I. The emphasis of this training is to enhance knowledge and cultural competency for working with military and veterans. To include, information about special considerations when using EMDR with these populations, such as physiological triggers, mental health stigma, and common stuck points (e.g., survivor guilt, moral injury, anger, frequent deployers, and military identity). Lastly, this presentation will offer suggestions about EMDR protocols and complementary alternative treatments (e.g., TCTSY, Yoga for Warriors, Warriors at Ease, Mindful Yoga Therapy, iRest, MBSR).
This event is presented by Dawn Brock, PsyD, ABPP, who is a licensed clinical psychologist with nine years of experience as a uniformed military psychologist. Currently, she is a staff psychologist in the Trauma Recovery Program at the Huntington, WV VA. Dr. Brock also has a private practice where she incorporates yoga, meditation and mindfulness into therapy. Dr. Brock is an EMDRIA Approved Consultant.
0900-0945 – Introduction / Overview
0945-1000 – Break
1000-1100 – Military Mental Health
1100-1130 – Veteran’s Services
1130-1200 – Military & Veterans
1200-1315 – Lunch
1315-1445 – EMDR with Military / Veterans
1315-1345 – EMDR Intake, PTSD Interview, Trauma Timeline & Target Selection
1345-1415 – Mental Health Stigma / Resilience
1415-1445 – Treatment Considerations
1445-1500 – Break
1500-1600 – Considerations for EMDR with Military / Veterans
1600-1630 – Q&A, Closing Comments, and Feedback
- Breakdown EMDR Targets and Common Stuck Points
- Recognize Common Physiological Responses
- List Uses for EMDR Protocols
- Identify Complimentary Alternative Medicine Available to Military and Veterans
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The National Association of Addiction Professionals (NAADAC) Provider #96981. Expires 9/1/2019
Social workers participating in this course will receive 6 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2019
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Ce-Classes.com is approved to provide continuing education by the following professional organizations: ASWB and APA. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by these nationally recognized certifying bodies to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-174-1116 Expires 11-2020 Pending
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2019.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider – 1622 expires 2/28/2019
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1858
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2019
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education
Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of
continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
This course is Interactive.
If you would like to take this course for your CE program, it is recommended that you:
1. Print this page
2. Log In
3. Click the “Get Course Materials” link above, if you do not currently possess the course material
4. Answer the questions on this page as you study your course material
5. Return to this page
6. Click the Take Exam link above to purchase this course
7. Submit your exam and score 75% – if you score lower, review your errors and retake exam.
8. Click on the Print Certificate link
9. Complete the course evaluation, (all items must be completed)
10. Print your certificate
Some courses require Adobe Acrobat reader to be installed. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader,
Download it here for FREE!