EMDR HAP – STREAMED – Dawn Brock Presents An Introduction to EMDR Therapy with Military and Veterans
Saturday, July 21, 2018
This event is provided for mental health professionals trained in no less than EMDR Part I. The emphasis of this training is to enhance knowledge and cultural competency for working with military and veterans. To include, information about special considerations when using EMDR with these populations, such as physiological triggers, mental health stigma, and common stuck points (e.g., survivor guilt, moral injury, anger, frequent deployers, and military identity). Lastly, this presentation will offer suggestions about EMDR protocols and complementary alternative treatments (e.g., TCTSY, Yoga for Warriors, Warriors at Ease, Mindful Yoga Therapy, iRest, MBSR).
This event is presented by Dawn Brock, PsyD, ABPP, who is a licensed clinical psychologist with nine years of experience as a uniformed military psychologist. Currently, she is a staff psychologist in the Trauma Recovery Program at the Huntington, WV VA. Dr. Brock also has a private practice where she incorporates yoga, meditation and mindfulness into therapy. Dr. Brock is an EMDRIA Approved Consultant.
0900-0945 – Introduction / Overview
0945-1000 – Break
1000-1100 – Military Mental Health
1100-1130 – Veteran’s Services
1130-1200 – Military & Veterans
1200-1315 – Lunch
1315-1445 – EMDR with Military / Veterans
1315-1345 – EMDR Intake, PTSD Interview, Trauma Timeline & Target Selection
1345-1415 – Mental Health Stigma / Resilience
1415-1445 – Treatment Considerations
1445-1500 – Break
1500-1600 – Considerations for EMDR with Military / Veterans
1600-1630 – Q&A, Closing Comments, and Feedback
- Breakdown EMDR Targets and Common Stuck Points
- Recognize Common Physiological Responses
- List Uses for EMDR Protocols
- Identify Complimentary Alternative Medicine Available to Military and Veterans
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 6 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1858
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Interactive.