Friday, July 13, 2018
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Are you interested in:
- strengthening your skills in providing EMDR with children?
- integrating play therapy interventions with your young clients?
- better ways to introduce and successfully complete EMDR with reluctant
children (and their parents)?
Presenter, Shanon Claussen with her “playful” style, provides you with the tools to successfully combine EMDR and play therapy when working with children.
Shanon Claussen, LISW, RPT-S, CADC is an EMDRIA Approved Therapist and Approved Consultant. Also, she is an EMDR facilitator/coach for EMDR Consulting Basic Trainings. Shanon is the Clinical Supervisor of Behavioral Health Services at Mahaska Health Partnership in Oskaloosa, Iowa. Her clinical experience includes work with all ages for individual, couples, family, groups, and substance abuse treatment.
In addition, Shanon has specialized training in Play Therapy, Theraplay® (attachment/relationship based play therapy modality), Sand Tray Therapy, Filial Therapy, and Substance Abuse treatment, and incorporates EMDR into each of these areas. Also, she is a Registered Play Therapist Supervisor (RPT-S) and a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor. Shanon provides supervision for those working on becoming a Registered Play Therapist (RPT) or Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC), as well as toward independent licensure (LMSWs or LMHCs) and EMDR certification.
8:30 – 9:00: Registration
9:00 – 9:15: Welcome, Introduction, Agenda
9:15–1 0:30: Overview: Incorporating Play Therapy and EMDR
10:45-12:00: Directive vs Non-Directive Play Therapy & Explanation of EMDR & Play Therapy to
Caregivers & Child
12:00 – 1:00: Lunch
1:00 – 2:30: Non-Directive Play Therapy Interventions, EMDR Play Therapy Techniques; Directive
Play Therapy Interventions, specifically Theraplay ® with EMDR
2:20 – 2:30: Break
2:30 – 3:45: Interventions for Resourcing, Identifying Target & Reprocessing Options
3:45 – 4:00: Information and Trainings to Improve Success in Treating Children, Questions Wrap
1. Identify at least 5 play therapy interventions to use with children in 8 phases of EMDR therapy.
2. Recognize possible targets to reprocess through observation of the child’s play.
3. Utilize effective play therapy interventions to improve relationships between the child &
caregiver/child & therapist.
4. Identify resources that the child may be lacking or may need to strengthen (Resourcing in Phase
2, preparation phase) to facilitate Phase 4 reprocessing.
5. Implement play therapy interventions specifically meeting the needs of the child throughout the
To register for this live workshop please visit: http://bit.ly/EMDRChildrenCashtonWI