Rachel Walker – At the Crossroads of Trauma Therapy
Under certain circumstances, EMDR, ‘Parts’ Models, and Attachment interventions work better in collaboration than they do alone. In this workshop you will learn what these circumstances are, and how to combine theories and interventions to maximum effect and efficiency. This training will grow your ability to understand and assess dissociation, as well as provide interventions for moving your most complex cases towards readiness for trauma processing.
I am an EMDRIA Approved Consultant with a full-time private practice in Berkeley, CA where I treat clients and provide individual as well as group consultation to new and experienced trauma therapists. I’m passionate about trauma-informed psychotherapy and present in the Bay Area on the topic of integrative approaches to treating complex trauma and dissociative disorders. My private practice consists of clients on a broad spectrum of trauma- related issues—from single-incident (simple PTSD) to long-standing, chronic problems related to early childhood abuse and neglect (complex PTSD, Dissociative Disorders and Personality Disorders). My training in psychotherapy began in the arts, where I learned to apply play, metaphor and precision to the work. Where trauma is concerned, I’ve come to see how an integrative approach is more effective across a huge spectrum of trauma-related suffering. Through this way of working, more people are being helped, which is enormously heartening. This discovery has made my work both more effective and more fulfilling. I’m excited to share it with you!
DAY ONE: Learning the Concepts
8:30-10:00 Intro + Big Picture: The story of Dissociation
10:10-12:00 Big Picture (cont.). Attachment, Dissociation, and Complex Trauma. Where EMDR fits in. Modified EMDR protocols and Intro to additional and essential treatment strategies. Intro to Meta-Cognition.
1:00-1:45 Interventions that work & why. Structural Dissociation. Overview of Stabilization Interventions
1:45-3:00 Movie short!
3:10-4:00 Interventions in Detail: Meta-cognition, Practicum – Mapping Parts
4:00-4:15 Stabilization (cont.): Calm, Time Orientation, Strengthen Attach System.
3:45-4:00 EMDR Readiness and Modified EMDR protocols
4:00-4:20 Case example
DAY TWO: Doing the Work
8:30-8:45 Big Picture Review
8:45-10:00 Intro to IFS with lecture, live demo
10:15-12:00 Intro to Dissociative Table with lecture, live demo
Dissociative Table (Stabilization)
2:30-3:30 Intro to Ideal Parent Protocol w/ lecture, live demo
Ideal Parent Protocol (Attachment Repair)
4:30-5:00 Case Consultation
- Identify trauma across the diagnostic spectrum (single incident, relational, early childhood, and complex)
- Define the neurobiological source/function of dissociation
- Identify key symptoms of clinically significant dissociation
- Identify signs/symptoms of dissociation within an EMDR processing session
- Apply key interventions for the treatment of dissociation and identify when/how to use each intervention
- Apply Parts Models, Attachment Theory and EMDR Modified protocols to complex trauma cases
- Apply attachment repair interventions to activate and repair the human attachment system
- Identify client-readiness for trauma processing
May 1-2 in Philadelphia, PA
To register for this live workshop click here: Register
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 14 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1825
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Interactive .