EMDR HAP Traumatology & Stabilization Workshop
Live In-person training
- The spectrum of trauma stress responses – symptoms and behaviors that may arise after an individual has been impacted by a stressful event.
- An in-depth look at the psychobiology of why trauma: what happens in the brain when we are overwhelmed by our experience.
- How traumatic memories are stored and activated differently from normal memories.
- How the impact of stressful events may be more or less traumatic for different individuals, based upon developmental stage, previous history, and the type of stress.
- Stages of treatment that are supported by evidence, including ways to assist individuals immediately after a traumatic event.
- Trauma “first aid”: How to relieve trauma response when it happens.
- Learn representative examples of stabilization methods and identify how each can help a client.
Elisabeth Slatt is a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker with a specialization in trauma. She received her BA in Psychology from Macalester College as well as her MSW from Colorado State University. Elisabeth is Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Level 2 trained and Certified by the EMDR International Association (EMDRIA), as well as an EMDRIA Approved Consultant. She is also an enthusiastic volunteer as a Northern Vermont EMDRIA Regional Co-Coordinator. She strives to integrate elements of mindfulness, strength-based and solution-focused approaches, systems theory and social justice frameworks, along with dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), contemplative and somatic practices.
Her focus includes helping adolescents and adults address, heal and grow from symptoms of stress and trauma, including anxiety, depression, grief and loss, attachment and adjustment issues, relationship challenges and self-esteem. In past practice settings she worked extensively with survivors of sexual abuse and assault, relational abuse and their loved ones, in addition to years incorporating healing within experiential and nature-based settings. Elisabeth is grateful to be working within a holistic group practice that honors each person’s natural ability to strengthen inner resources and respects the inherent and healing wisdom within our own body and mind.
- Conceptualize factors that can cause stress to lead to divergent resilience/trauma responses
- Identify a spectrum of traumatic stress responses – symptoms and behaviors that may arise after an individual has been impacted by a stressful event
- Conceptualize the brain structures, processes, and functions relevant to traumatic experiences
- Identify effective, evidenced-based treatments for trauma
- Conceptualize goals of stabilization work
- Identify indicators of client stability and readiness for trauma treatment
- Identify 3 categories of stabilization skills and apply skills from each category in a practicum setting
To register for this training, please click here: REGISTER
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 6 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- Florida Certification Board
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1821
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Interactive .