Carolyn Settle EMDR Therapy with Preteen and Adolescents Webinar
With the explosion of the digital world, social media, and sexuality/gender identity issues, it is an amazing and challenging time to be a preteen and adolescent. This webinar uses the language and interests of preteens and teenagers to developmentally modify the Eight Phases of EMDR therapy. Topics to be addressed are: body image, substance abuse, anxiety, and dissociation. Additional areas are bullying, cyberbullying, self-harm, and the pacing of EMDR in intensive outpatient programs and residential treatment centers. Special focus will be on creative techniques for affect regulation, stalled processing, and target selection. Of course, there is an adolescent in all of us, and these kid-friendly skills can also be used with adult clients, especially those with anxiety and dissociative disorders.
Carolyn Settle, MSW, LCSW, is in private practice in Scottsdale, Arizona. She has over 40 years of experience working with children, adolescents and adults who have experienced abuse, trauma, and/or loss. She has presented and written about children and adolescents, in her co-authored, recently released second edition book EMDR and the Art of Psychotherapy with Children: Infants to Adolescents (2017). She has presented at numerous conferences nationally and internationally, and most recently presented at the EMDRIA Preconference in Seattle, Washington. She is also the co-investigator of a fidelity study concerning EMDR with children, and co-authored two chapters and two journal articles on EMDR with children. She is an EMDRIA-Approved Consultant, an EMDR Institute facilitator, and a trainer for the Trauma Recovery-HAP Program.
Participants will be able to:
- Conceptualize EMDR with preteens and adolescents from an AIP perspective
- Adhere to the Eight Phases of EMDR using developmentally-appropriate language and approaches for preteens and teens
- Assess emotional, physical, and social issues for targeting as well as internal and external resources
- Use Mapping as a way of collecting targets/developing a Treatment Plan
- Implement Case Conceptualization and Treatment Planning regarding pacing and timing of EMDR in inpatient/outpatient settings, working as a team member and addressing stabilization regarding destructive behavior
- Develop skills to address blocked processing with the Blocking Belief Questionnaire for Preteens/Teens and address flooding and over-accessing during reprocessing
- Conceptualize cases and make decisions during the Eight Phases of EMDR in the specialty areas of: Foster Care and Adoption, Anxiety, OCD, Attachment, and Dissociation
- Assess internal and external resources and apply Eye Movement Desensitization (EMD) for emotional regulation
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 7 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1817
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Non Interactive .