HIV Prevention: Strategies for Clinicians Updated for 2018
This course on Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection Prevention: Strategies for Clinicians, is based on a journal article posted on the CDC’s (Centers for Disease Control) website. This article provides “practical recommendations regarding the most simple and efficient ways of integrating both behavioral counseling and medical interventions as prevention tools into clinical practice”. The authors accomplish this by explaining to how to identify risk behaviors, implement behavior changing counseling techniques and finally to utilize medical intervention strategies for the prevention of HIV infection. This course has been updated for 2018 with current information from the CDC website on HIV prevention strategies.
This is a useful and informative article. The authors provide specific techniques for helping our clients and the world we live in. This publication is an excellent article for health professionals. It provides the practitioner with a foundation of knowledge to prevent the spread of HIV disease.
Psychologists, social workers, mental health counselors, and marriage and family therapists can benefit from this course. This course may also be helpful for other clinical practitioners such as midwives, dieticians and nutritionists who work with clients who may be at risk for HIV and or AIDS. This course is appropriate for beginning, intermediate and advanced level practitioners who need an introductory course on HIV/AIDS.
Author: Schreibman & Friedman for the Centers for Disease Control additional content from the CDC
Learning Objectives: This course will provide strategies for clinicians to use in the Prevention of HIV infection. Specifically, a professional will:
Identify risk behaviors.
Identify behavior changing counseling techniques.
Recognize medical intervention strategies for the prevention of HIV infection
Citation: Compiled by DiDona (2018) from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) website and Schreibman & Friedland for the CDC (2003). Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection Prevention Strategies for Clinicians. HIV/AIDS CID
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023 Social workers participating in this course will receive 1 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 181
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
This course is Non Interactive .