Global Report on Human Trafficking Migration and Conflict
This course explores the connection between migration flows and trafficking flows. In particular, it analyzes how certain trafficking in persons flows resemble migration flows and the factors that may increase the vulnerability of migrants to human trafficking. It also looks at the role of criminal groups; how they leverage the aspirations of people willing to migrate in order to deceive or coerce them for exploitative purposes.
Persons who escape persecution and conflict in search of protection are particularly vulnerable to being trafficked. This vulnerability and the elements that link trafficking victims and refugees are also examined. Finally, the course explores trafficking in conflict areas, especially trafficking carried out by armed groups.
This course is based upon material published by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime and is available as an open access article.
This course on trafficking in persons is designed for social workers, professional counselors, psychologists, nurses, and substance abuse counselors, who do clinical work. This course is appropriate for beginning, intermediate and advanced level practitioners who wish to develop their understanding of human trafficking. It may also be useful for licensed clinicians who require clinical continuing education courses for license renewal.
Authors: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the practitioner with detailed information regarding human trafficking, migration, and conflict. Specifically, a professional will:
- Describe the connection between migration flows and trafficking flows
- Identify factors that may increase the vulnerability of migrants to human trafficking
- Recognize the role played by criminal groups in recruiting people into trafficking
Citation: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, (2016). Global Report on Trafficking in Persons: Migration and Conflict (United Nations publication, Sales No. E.16.IV.6).
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023
- The National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) Ce-Classes.com has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6320. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Ce-Classes.com is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1792
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
This course is Non Interactive .