Global Report on Human Trafficking Overview
This overview on human trafficking provides an update to the 2014 report and reviews patterns of trafficking in persons, trafficking flows, and the legislative and criminal justice response to trafficking in persons. Similarities in the backgrounds of traffickers and victims are covered, as are the reasons for which humans are trafficked. Also discussed is the impact of migration on trafficking, especially in light of war and conflict. Trafficking of children is covered as a special case.
This course is based upon material published by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime and is available as an open access article.
This course on human trafficking is designed for social workers, professional counselors, psychologists, nurses, and substance abuse counselors, who do clinical work. This course is appropriate for beginning, intermediate and advanced level practitioners who wish to develop their understanding of trafficking in persons. It may also be useful for licensed clinicians who require clinical continuing education courses for license renewal. This course also meets criteria for license renewal for nurses in Florida who require continuing education in human trafficking.
Authors: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the practitioner with detailed information regarding trafficking in persons. Specifically, a professional will:
- Describe patterns of human trafficking
- Identify trafficking flows
- Recognize legislative and criminal justice responses to trafficking in persons
Citation: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, (2016). Global Report on Trafficking in Persons (United Nations publication, Sales No. E.16.IV.6).
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023 Social workers participating in this course will receive 3 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- The National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) Ce-Classes.com has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6320. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Ce-Classes.com is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0223 Expires 2-2023
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1791
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
This course is Non Interactive .