Sarah Jenkins – Basic EMDR Training
If you are a therapist, you have undoubtedly heard of the power of EMDR Therapy (Eye Movement Desensitizing Reprocessing). EMDR therapy is comprehensive and includes aspects of multiple psychotherapeutic approaches. A research and evidence based therapy created by Francine Shapiro Ph.D., EMDR therapy is identified as treatment of choice for trauma.
The goal of this EMDR Training Course is to provide clinicians with a complete integrated training in EMDR therapy. This program supports clinicians in meeting the minimum standards established by EMDRIA, as well as specific additional curriculum in dissociation. The goal is to provide clinicians with the knowledge and skills to utilize EMDR therapy, a comprehension of case conceptualization and treatment planning, and the ability to integrate EMDR therapy into their clinical practices.
I have a Masters of Counseling from the University of Phoenix and a Bachelors of Psychology from James Madison University in Virginia. I am also registered with the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC). I am also a member of the British Psychological Society and hold a clinical license in the UK as a Chartered Psychologist. An EMDR therapist since 2002, I specialize in Arizona EMDR therapy. I am an EMDRIA Approved EMDR Training Provider, EMDRIA/HAP Approved EMDR Consultant, Certified EMDR therapist, and Equine Assisted Therapist.
Day 1 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Day 2 9:00 – 5:30
Day 3 9:00 – 5:30
Day 4 9:00 – 5:30
1. Attendees will be able to define trauma: Non-Complex /Complex
2. Attendees will be able to define The Adaptive Information Processing Model (AIP)
3. Attendees will be able to describe EMDR Therapy’s Hypothesized Mechanisms of Action
4. Attendees will be able to define what is meant by the 3 Prongs (Past/Present/Future)
5. Attendees will be able to identify and define the 8 Phases of EMDR Therapy
6. Attendees will be able to apply a minimum of three strategies for working with high levels of affect or blocked Processing
7. Attendees will be able to define The Cognitive Interweave
8. Attendees will be able to describe what is meant by “dissociation” as defined by Structural Dissociation Theory
9. Attendees will be able to apply Fraser’s Table as an additional stabilization skill for complex cases.
10. Attendees will be able to identify the various organizations associated with the EMDR community.
11. Attendees will be able to describe what is meant by being an EMDRIA Approved EMDR Certified Therapist, or EMDRIA Approved EMDR Consultant.
12. Attendees will be able to describe the historical evolution of EMDR therapy
13. Attendees will be able to discuss the significance of the shift in name and model from EMD to EMDR therapy, both in terms of
revised theoretical model and procedure.
14. Attendees will be able to describe representative studies to increase their understanding of EMDR therapy literature and
current EMDR related research finding.
15. Attendees will be able to explain Protocols and Procedures for Recent events.
16. Attendees will be able to identify Protocols and Procedures for anxiety and phobias.
17. Attendees will be able to identify Protocols and procedures for illness and somatic disorders
18. Attendees will be able to identify Protocols and procedures for grief.
19. Attendees will be able to review and implement Protocols and procedures for EMDR Therapy “self-use”
Upcoming 2020 Trainings in Tempe, AZ
Part One: January 16th-19th 2020
Part Two: March 5th-8th, 2020
Part Two: July 16th – 19th, 2020
To register for this live training please click here: Register
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 31 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1783
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Interactive .