January 24th – 27th, 2019
March 7th – 10th, 2019
April 30th – May 3rd, 2019
September 17th – 20th, 2019
May 16th – 19th, 2019
July 11th – 14th, 2019
October 3rd – 6th, 2019
November 14th – 17th, 2019
If you are a therapist, you have undoubtedly heard of the power of EMDR Therapy (Eye Movement Desensitizing Reprocessing). EMDR therapy is comprehensive and includes aspects of multiple psychotherapeutic approaches. A research and evidence based therapy created by Francine Shapiro Ph.D., EMDR therapy is identified as treatment of choice for trauma.
The goal of this EMDR Training Course is to provide clinicians with a complete integrated training in EMDR therapy. This program supports clinicians in meeting the minimum standards established by EMDRIA, as well as specific additional curriculum in dissociation. The goal is to provide clinicians with the knowledge and skills to utilize EMDR therapy, a comprehensive understanding of case conceptualization and treatment planning, and the ability to integrate EMDR therapy into their clinical practices.
I have a Masters of Counseling from the University of Phoenix and a Bachelors of Psychology from James Madison University in Virginia. I am also registered with the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC). I am also a member of the British Psychological Society and hold a clinical license in the UK as a Chartered Psychologist. An EMDR therapist since 2002, I specialize in Arizona EMDR therapy. I am an EMDRIA Approved EMDR Training Provider, EMDRIA/HAP Approved EMDR Consultant, Certified EMDR therapist, and Equine Assisted Therapist.
Day 1 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Day 2 9:00 – 5:30
Day 3 9:00 – 5:30
Day 4 9:00 – 5:30
1. Attendees will be able to define trauma: Non-Complex /Complex
2. Attendees will be able to define The Adaptive Information Processing Model (AIP)
3. Attendees will be able to describe EMDR Therapy’s Hypothesized Mechanisms of Action
4. Attendees will be able to define what is meant by the 3 Prongs (Past/Present/Future)
5. Attendees will be able to identify and define the 8 Phases of EMDR Therapy
6. Attendees will be able to apply a minimum of three strategies for working with high levels of affect or blocked Processing
7. Attendees will be able to define The Cognitive Interweave
8. Attendees will be able to describe what is meant by “dissociation” as defined by Structural Dissociation Theory
9. Attendees will be able to apply Fraser’s Table as an additional stabilization skill for complex cases.
10. Attendees will be able to identify the various organizations associated with the EMDR community.
11. Attendees will be able to describe what is meant by being an EMDRIA Approved EMDR Certified Therapist, or EMDRIA Approved EMDR Consultant.
To register for this live training please click here: Register