February 10 and 11, 2018
Newport Beach, CA
Learn to treat physical and mental illness with EMDR therapy using creative protocols. This workshop will address ego states and give you more nonverbal options with clients.
Esly Regina Carvalho, Ph.D. is a Brazilian-American Trainer of Trainers for the EMDR Institute and EMDR Ibero-America (EMDR IBA). She has helped bring EMDR to Eucador, Bolivia, Brazil, Panama, Venezuela, Cuba, and Bolivia, and has trained professionals in Portugal and Spain. A published author and speaker (in Spanish, Portuguese and English), as well as a Psychodrama trainer, Esly has integrated her Psychodrama background into EMDR training and clinical practice. Presently residing in Brasilia, Brazil, she directs the Trauma Clinic, as well as an EMDR training center where trainings are held in 15 cities of Brazil. In 2014, she established a publishing house specifically dedicated to publishing books on EMDR Therapy, trauma and related issues. As one of its co-founders, Esly was President of EMDR Ibero-America (2007-2019, 2010-2013). She is also a founding member and vice-president (2011-2013, 2013-2015) of EMDR Brazil.
Both Days: 8:30 – 9:00 = Registration and elaborate continental breakfast
Saturday, February 10th, 2018:
Pillars of Life Installation:
9:00 – 9:45: group protocol, video, explanation of the protocol
9:45 – 10:30: Q & A and practicum
10:30 – 10:45: Break
10:45 – 11:45: Explanation of dream protocol, Q & A, and practicum
11:45 – 12:45: Lunch on your own
Healing the Folks Who Live Inside:
12:45 – 1:35: Video
1:35 – 2:45: Role Theory, Role Therapy, use of Folks Kit and Play of Life Kit
2:45 – 3:00: Break
3:00 – 3:50: Demo
3:50 – 5:00: Practicum
Sunday, February 11th, 2018:
9:00 — 10:00: Video, Explanation of the protocol, Q & A.
10:00 – 11:00: Practicum
11:00 – 11:15: Break
Heal Your Body, Heal Your Mind:
11:15 – 12:05: Video of difficult cases
12:05 – 1:05: Lunch on your own
1:05 – 1:35: Explanation of clinical strategies for physical ailments and pain
1:35 – 2:25: Demo
2:25 – 2:40: Break
2:40 – 3:55 Practicum
3:55 – 4:55: Additional protocols: Museum, Photo Album, Play of Life
4:55 – 5:00: Closure, Evaluations, Sign out
Participants will be able to:
- Name and describe the procedure of the Pillars of Life
- Describe how the Pillars of Life can help develop new resources for the client;
- Identify the client’s inner resources through the diagnostic aspects of the Pillars Of Life (client readiness evaluation); and use as an interweave when resource pendulation is required during Phase
- Understand and implement the Dream Protocol in their practice.
- Use Cognitive Interweaves for appropriate closure to dreams.
- Discuss basic elements of Role Theory concepts and technique and how they relate to EMDR therapy protocol in order to facilitate the treatment of clients;
- Discuss and describe how to developmentally assess, identify, map and access client roles and how to treat roles with the traditional EMDR 8 Phases;
- Explain what they learned, using a specially developed kit to identify clients’ roles and thence their EMDR targets in order to process inner issues/roles.
- Define the need for adaptation of the traditional protocol with clients who sometimes have trouble identifying a specific scene for targeted processing;
- Describe the protocol adaptation with the drawings from the beginning and end of processing in one session;
Please click on the link below to register for this 2 Day Workshp:
Click here to Register