Creative Protocols for EMDR Therapy 2 Day Workshop by Esly Carvalho
October 11 and 12, 2019
This presentation will highlight the Pillars of Life, a resourcing technique, adapted from the work of Dr. Carlos Raimundo, an Argentine-Australian psychiatrist/coach/ psychodramatist. Its purpose is to illustrate an additional resourcing instrument for the ever-needed growth of our therapeutic toolkit.
Utilized in the preparation phase, its structure targets resources, through the use of the positive cognitions and the VoC scale, celebrating what has been good in a person’s life and what has gone right. Very simple in its application, the Pillars of Life can be used at the beginning of the therapy process as a diagnostic tool to assess the patient’s inner resources as well as an instrument to augment and underline the necessary resources to move on to deeper therapeutic work. Oftentimes it can be utilized as an interweave, in cases of complex PTSD, when resource pendulation is required during phase 4.
A short taped session will be presented, illustrating the use of the Pillars of Life with a client. Its use as a group intervention will also be applied to the participants of the workshop. A short practicum is included. Appropriate discussion time will be allowed for questions and answers.
Esly Regina Carvalho, Ph. D. is a Brazilian-American Trainer of Trainers for the EMDR Institute and EMDR Ibero-America (EMDR IBA). She has helped bring EMDR to Ecuador, Bolivia, Brazil, Panama, Venezuela, Cuba, Bolivia, and trained professionals in Portugal and Spain. A published author and speaker (in Spanish, Portuguese and English) as well as a Psychodrama Trainer, Esly has integrated her Psychodrama background into EMDR training and clinical practice. Presently residing in Brasilia, Brazil, she directs the TraumaClinic as well as an EMDR training center where trainings are held in over 15 cities of Brazil. In 2014, she established a publishing house specifically dedicated to publishing books on EMDR, trauma and related issues. As one of its co-founders, Esly was President of EMDR Ibero-America (2007-2010; 2010-2013). Esly is married and loves those grandchildren!
DAY 1: Friday, Oct 11, 2019 – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Pillars of Life: Resource Installation
Explanation of the Protocol
Q & A
Explanation of the Dream Protocol
Q & A
Healing the Folks Who Live Inside: EMDR as Role Therapy
Video (Casos dificeis #1)
Lunch (on your own)
Use of Folks Kit and Play of Life Kit
Demo (Social Atom)
Day Two: Saturday, Oct 12, 2019 – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Adult Drawing Protocol
Explanation of the Protocol
Q & A
Heal Your Brain, Heal Your Body
Video Difficult Cases #2
Lunch (on your own)
Explanation of Clinical Strategies for Physical Ailments and Pain
Participants will be able to:
- Identify and describe the procedure of the Pillars of Life
- Recall how the Pillars of Life can help develop new resources for the client;
- Identify the client’s inner resources through the diagnostic aspects of the Pillars Of Life (client readiness evaluation); and use as an interweave when resource pendulation is required during Phase
- Demonstrate and implement the Dream Protocol in their practice.
- Apply Cognitive Interweaves for appropriate closure to dreams.
- Identify basic elements of Role Theory concepts and technique and how they relate to EMDR therapy protocol in order to facilitate the treatment of clients;
- Explain and describe how to developmentally assess, identify, map and access client roles and how to treat roles with the traditional EMDR 8 Phases;
- Explain what they learned, using a specially developed kit to identify clients’ roles and thence their EMDR targets in order to process inner issues/roles.
- Recall the need for adaptation of the traditional protocol with clients who sometimes have trouble identifying a specific scene for targeted processing;
- Apply the protocol adaptation with the drawings from the beginning and end of processing in one session;
Please click on the link below to register for this 2 Day Workshp:
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 13 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1763
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
This course is Interactive .