BenderBritt Seminars with Maria Masciandaro: EMDR: Recent Traumatic Episode Protocol
The Recent Traumatic Episode Protocol (R-TEP) and the Group Traumatic Episode Protocol (G-TEP) are innovative protocols that incorporate and enrich the existing EMDR Recent Event Protocol. Early in the processing of a recent trauma, when information is fragmented and not yet integrated, the adaptive information processing system allows for the event to become a memory that happened and not one that is still happening. However, when the system is compromised, this natural process may not occur and the trauma symptoms can remain acute. R-TEP, developed by Israeli psychologists, Elan Shapiro, Ph.D. and Brurit Laub, MA, not only treatstheacute distress of recent trauma; but may also be a means of working within an early window of opportunity for preventing complications such as PTSD and strengthening psychic resilience. R-TEP addresses the 8 phases of the EMDR standard protocol with necessary modifications required to deal with the specific challenges of recent events, with special attention to resource development and strong closure at the end of each session.
This course is appropriate for EMDR mental health clinicians.
Presenter Bio: Maria Masciandaro, PsyD is senior faculty for R-TEP & G-TEP in the United States. Trained by the developers, Elan Shapiro, Ph.D. & Brurit Laub, M.A, she is in open communication with these leaders, providing continued feedback for the ongoing research Dr. E. Shapiro requires. Dr. Masciandaro is a founder of the New Jersey Trauma Recovery Network and one of the NJ Regional Coordinators for EMDRIA. She is a facilitator for both the EMDR Institute and EMDR-HAP. In addition to EMDR therapy, she is skilled in hypnosis. She is President of the Clinical Hypnosis Society of NJ and has consultant status with the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis. Dr. Masciandaro maintains a private practice in Elizabeth, NJ.
Day 1 (R-TEP)
12:00-1:15pm LUNCH (on your own)
- Identify when Early EMDR Intervention is appropriate
- Apply Early EMDR clinical skills with additional measures for containment and safety
- Recognize the key features, and concepts of R-TEP.
January 25, 2020
To Register Click this Link: http://www.benderbrittseminars.com
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 6 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1740
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
This course is Interactive .