Carol Forgash- Breaking the ACE
EMDR therapy is a successful model for dealing with the health problems of trauma survivors. The development of an EMDR Treatment Plan, to treat both health and ACE problems, using the ACE questionnaire, a health history, and specific target selection is highlighted. Specialized techniques will be utilized in phases 1-2 to help the patient experience self soothing, develop emotional regulation, and to avoid re-traumatization in the health care setting. Phases 3-7 will emphasize specific work on past attachment ruptures and health issues. Skills development such as rehearsal for medical visits, and procedures will be presented.
Carol Forgash, LCSW, BCD, is the director of Advanced Educational Productions. She is a Facilitator for EMDR Institute Trainings. She specializes in treating dissociation, trauma, performance enhancement and health issues. Carol is a well known speaker and has presented at EMDRIA and ISSD international conferences. Carol is a past president and member of the Board of Directors of EMDR-Humanitarian Assistance Programs (EMDR-HAP), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. EMDR-HAP can be described as a global network of volunteer EMDR clinicians who provide training in EMDR to help communities heal from traumas such as war or natural disasters.
1) Identify the cycle of adverse childhood events leading to dissociation, and PTSD leading to negative health outcomes on the survivor
2) Describe how attachment problems such as inability to self soothe, concurrent with other complex trauma symptoms can interfere with access to health care and impede treatment
3) Describe how to develop EMDR targets which will deal with the multiple effects of trauma, adverse childhood events, attachment deficits, as well as specific healthcare issues.
4) Demonstrate specific interventions within the EMDR preparation phase that will help clients manage and begin resolution of attachment related symptoms, dissociation and other symptoms
5) Discuss issues specific to the processing of these targets related to attachment problems, dissociation, health issues including the need for future template and rehearsal
THIS COURSE IS NOT FOR PURCHASE ON THIS SITE. PLEASE GO TO https://advancededucationalproductions.com/training/
TO PURCHASE THIS COURSE.
You may enter this course if you have a keycode.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers. Social workers participating in this course will receive 3 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1706
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Non Interactive .