EMDR therapy is a successful model for dealing with the health problems of trauma survivors. The development of an EMDR Treatment Plan, to treat both health and ACE problems, using the ACE questionnaire, a health history, and specific target selection is highlighted. Specialized techniques will be utilized in phases 1-2 to help the patient experience self soothing, develop emotional regulation, and to avoid re-traumatization in the health care setting. Phases 3-7 will emphasize specific work on past attachment ruptures and health issues. Skills development such as rehearsal for medical visits, and procedures will be presented.
Carol Forgash, LCSW, BCD, is the director of Advanced Educational Productions. She is a Facilitator for EMDR Institute Trainings. She specializes in treating dissociation, trauma, performance enhancement and health issues. Carol is a well known speaker and has presented at EMDRIA and ISSD international conferences. Carol is a past president and member of the Board of Directors of EMDR-Humanitarian Assistance Programs (EMDR-HAP), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. EMDR-HAP can be described as a global network of volunteer EMDR clinicians who provide training in EMDR to help communities heal from traumas such as war or natural disasters.
1) Identify the cycle of adverse childhood events leading to dissociation, and PTSD leading to negative health outcomes on the survivor
2) Describe how attachment problems such as inability to self soothe, concurrent with other complex trauma symptoms can interfere with access to health care and impede treatment
3) Describe how to develop EMDR targets which will deal with the multiple effects of trauma, adverse childhood events, attachment deficits, as well as specific healthcare issues.
4) Demonstrate specific interventions within the EMDR preparation phase that will help clients manage and begin resolution of attachment related symptoms, dissociation and other symptoms
5) Discuss issues specific to the processing of these targets related to attachment problems, dissociation, health issues including the need for future template and rehearsal
THIS COURSE IS NOT FOR PURCHASE ON THIS SITE. PLEASE GO TO https://advancededucationalproductions.com/training/
TO PURCHASE THIS COURSE.
You may enter this course if you have a keycode.