EMDR Consulting- Dealing with Avoidance in EMDR Therapy Presented by Crystal Whitlow
Want some help with your toughest cases? Finding yourself stuck, blocked, or looping in EMDR sessions?
This workshop will provide skills using Jim Knipe’s EMDR Toolbox and other techniques to help trained EMDR therapists work with stuck clients. Using lecture, video, case examples, and practice sessions, we will explore client avoidance and defenses as EMDR targets.
Crystal Whitlow, LCSW
In 2013, Crystal began working as a Coach/Facilitator for Roy Kiessling for EMDR Consulting’s EMDR Trainings. Based upon her exceptional understanding of EMDR, her enthusiasm and ability to connect with those she is coaching in EMDR, she was invited by Roy to join EMDR Consulting’s training staff. Crystal began presenting EMDR Consulting’s EMDR Training Course in 2015 throughout the Midwest. She maintains a clinical caseload of adult clients and specializes in working with women with trauma and anxiety disorders. Crystal is a Certified EMDR Therapist and EMDR Consultant
8:30 a.m.-9:00 a.m. Registration
9:00-10:00 a.m. Introduction to concepts of the workshop, including the Blocking Beliefs Questionnaire (Knipe—included in materials), examples of defense mechanisms from EMDR Toolbox
10:00-10:30 a.m. Preparation: Building a Processing Resource (lecture and video)
10:45-11:15 Practice session Processing Resource
11:15-Noon Introduction to signs of dissociation, Back of the Head Scale, and CIPOS
1-2:00 Level of Urge to Avoid Assessment, Targeting Avoidance (lecture and video)
2:00-3:00 Practice session on Level of Urge to Avoid
3:15-5:00 Idealization Defense and Level of positive affect (LoPA)
8:30 a.m.-9 a.m.: Registration
9:00 a.m.-10:30 Review LOPA and practice session on LoPA
10:45-noon: Lecture on EMDR with shame and “Loving Eyes”
1:00-2:00: Video/demos on shame, “Loving Eyes” intervention
2-2:30: Practice session on shame/Loving Eyes
2:30-3:00: Conclusion, questions, evaluations
1. Identify client defenses
2. Identify Blocking Beliefs in clients using the Blocking Beliefs questionnaire
3. Prepare client for addressing avoidance/defenses using Preparation skills
4. Apply “Levels of Urge to Avoid” using Knipe’s scaling
5. Practice targeting client avoidance/defenses safely with EMDR therapy techniques such as Knipe’s CIPOS, various BLS modalities, and somatic interventions
6. Apply “Levels of Positive Affect” using Knipe’s scaling
7. Recognize and target Idealization and levels of positive affect with EMDR Therapy techniques
8. Recognize and target Shame with “Loving Eyes” technique
Upcoming 2020 Workshops
To register for this event please visit www.emdrconsulting.com
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- EMDR Consulting NBCC Approval EMDR Consulting, LLC has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6853. EMDR Consulting, LLC is solely responsible for all aspects of this program for NBCC CEs. Social workers participating in this course will receive 14 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1692
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Interactive .