Primer on Recovery Residences by NARR
Course Description: This introductory-level course presents an over view of recovery residences and the role they play in the treatment of addiction. The course material was written by the National Association of Recovery Residences (NARR) and is available for free on their website.
This course on recovery residences is designed for peer support counselors, recovery residence administrators, substance abuse counselors, and paraprofessionals who want to work in substance abuse treatment. This course is appropriate for beginning level practitioners. The course material includes both an introduction to what a recovery residence and how it fits into the treatment of addiction scope of services as well as frequently asked questions about recovery residences.
Author: National Association of Recovery Residences (NARR)
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the practitioner with an overview of information regarding recovery residences. Specifically, a professional will:
- Describe the purpose and role of recovery residences
- Identify how recovery residences work with clients to promote recovery from addiction.
- Recognize levels of care in recovery residence.
Citation: A primer on recovery residences: Frequently asked questions. (2012). National Association of Recovery Residences. Accessible at www.narronline.com.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- Florida Certification Board
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0223 Expires 2-2023
This course is Non Interactive .