Alcohol Problems and Treatment
This article examines alcohol use, its problems and treatment. The article provides some statistics about alcohol, “Alcohol is the most used intoxicating substance in the United States”. The article then informs the clinician about how to recognize different types of alcohol problems, identify problem alcohol use, apply brief interventions and/or select appropriate treatment options. This course is based on two publications on alcohol and can found on the SAMSHA website.
This is an informative article that provides practitioners with a thorough review of material that will be beneficial in working with clients. This publication provides excellent information for the mental health professional, especially for those clinicians who work with adults. It is an excellent primer for clinicians who do not have a lot of experience working in the area of substance abuse diagnosis and treatment.
Psychologists, social workers, mental health counselors, substance abuse counselors, and marriage and family therapists can benefit from this course. This course may also be helpful for dieticians and nutritionists who work with adults who may be at risk for substance abuse. This course is appropriate for beginning, intermediate and advanced level practitioners who wish to develop their clinical skills in the area of substance abuse.
Author: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSHA)
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the clinician with much needed information regarding substance abuse, specifically alcohol use and its treatment. Specifically, a professional will:
· Recognize different types of alcohol problems
· Identify problem alcohol use with the clients they serve
· Apply brief interventions and/or select appropriate treatment options
Citation: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSHA). Substance Abuse in Brief: What You Should Know About Alcohol Problems.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023 Social workers participating in this course will receive 1 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0223 Expires 2-2023
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 167
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
This course is Non Interactive .