This course examines Suicide Prevention in Adults and Adolescents. The PowerPoint presentation reviews the facts about suicide in America. The presentation helps to distinguish between myths and facts regarding suicide; identifies risk factors for suicide, and finally identifies strategies for suicide prevention. This course has been provided by the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention and can also be found on their website, www.afsp.org.
This is an informative presentation that provides most practitioners with a thorough review of material that they have previously received in graduate school, enhanced with new material based on scientific studies. This publication provides excellent information for the mental health professional, especially for those clinicians who work with adults and provides the practitioner with a great deal of much needed information.
Psychologists, social workers, mental health counselors, and marriage and family therapists can benefit from this course. This course may also be helpful for dieticians and nutritionists who work with adults. This course is appropriate for beginning, intermediate and advanced level practitioners who wish to develop their clinical skills.
Author: American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the clinician with much needed information regarding suicide prevention. Specifically, a professional will:
· Distinguish between myths about suicide and facts regarding suicide.
· Identify risk factors for suicide.
· Identify strategies for suicide prevention.
Reviewed by TM DiDona, PhD 2018 and found to be current. For a full list of current references, please Click Here
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023 Social workers participating in this course will receive 1 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 166
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
This course is Non Interactive .