Wellness Motivation Theory in Practice
This course provides a theory-driven approach to developing a culturally relevant motivational intervention to promote physical activity among older Hispanic women. The wellness motivation theory (WMT) guided development of Intervencion de Motivacion Para Actividad Fisica [Motivational Intervention for Physical Activity], grounded in formative research, partnership with community members, and strengths of community-based physical activity interventions with Hispanic women. The Intervencion focuses on the mechanisms that link motivational resources to physical activity, fostering social contextual and behavioral change process resources.
This course is based upon material published by the National Institutes of Health Public Access program as an author manuscript and is available as an open access article. The final edited version of the article is published in Geriatric Nursing.
This course on motivational intervention for physical activity is designed for social workers, professional counselors, psychologists, nurses, and substance abuse counselors, who do clinical work. This course is appropriate for beginning, intermediate and advanced level practitioners who wish to develop their understanding of motivating the elderly to be more physically active. The course material includes a review of wellness motivation theory. It may also be useful for licensed clinicians who require clinical continuing education courses for license renewal.
Authors: Adriana Perez and Julie Fleury
This course will provide the practitioner with detailed information regarding the effects of physical activity on wellness. Specifically, a professional will:
• Describe the health benefits of physical activity
• Identify critical inputs to promoting the adoption and maintenance of physical activity among Hispanic women
• Recognize the expected outcomes of the program
Citation: Perez, Adriana and Fleury, Julie. Wellness Motivation Theory in Practice. National Institutes of Health, Public Access Author manuscript. Subsequently edited and published in Geriatr Nurs 2009; 30 (2 Suppl): 15-20. Reviewed by TM DiDona, PhD 2018 and found to be current. For a full list of current references, please Click Here
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023 Social workers participating in this course will receive 1 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- Florida Certification Board
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0223 Expires 2-2023
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1650
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
This course is Non Interactive .