Florida Statutes and Rules for Psychologists updated 2020
Attention Florida Psychologists and School Psychologists! This course fulfills part of the requirements for license renewal.
Updated for 2020
If you have taken an ethics course and it did not include the laws and rules for psychologists in the state of Florida you need this course to meet the Board’s requirement.
If you haven’t taken an ethics course yet, you should take our course Florida: Laws and Ethics for Psychologists – it is designed to meet the state requirement for 3 hours of ethics and law.
The Florida Board of Psychology has determined that as a condition of licensure renewal, each licensee must complete a course on the Florida Statutes and Rules affecting the practice of psychology. This course satifies that requirement. This course is a review based upon Florida Statute Chapter 490 and Florida Administrative Code Rule 64B19. This course contains the most current laws and rules – 2017; which establish the legal guidelines for the practice of psychology in the state of Florida.
If you are a currently a psychologist or school psychologist, you previously took an exam as a requirement for licensure. This course is an opportunity to review the laws and rules that regulate the practice of psychology in the State of Florida. If you are a professional educated in another discipline who works in a multidisciplinary team or are interested in understanding the differences in focus that exist between your specialization and psychologists in Florida, this course may also be of value and interest to you.
Learning Objectives: This course will provide a professional with a review of the Florida Statutes and Rules affecting the practice of psychology. Specifically, a professional will able to:
- Recognize key elements of Florida Statute Chapter 490.
- Identify the specifics of Florida Administrative Code Rule 64B19.
- Describe the guidelines for the practice of Psychologists and School Psychologists in the state of Florida.
Citation: click on the links below for access to the most current version of Florida Laws and Rules relevant to psychologists.
Updated on 2/2020 by TM DiDona, Ph.D. For a full list of current references, please Click Here
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) Ce-Classes.com has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6320. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Ce-Classes.com is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs. Social workers participating in this course will receive 1 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
This course is Non Interactive .