Speaking Out For Yourself
Course Description: This course is based upon material published SAMHSA and is an open access article.
This course is part of the educational requirements for certification as a peer support specialists and certified recovery support specialists in Florida. It specifically addresses professional development and self-care for recovering individuals who wish to work as a peer support specialists.
It contains information, ideas, and strategies that people from all over the country have found to be helpful in relieving and preventing troubling feelings and symptoms. It includes a step by step plan for how to become an effective self-advocate. It details how to develop an action plan for meeting your needs and reviews your rights as an individual with a disability, or someone in recovery.
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the practitioner with detailed information regarding learning how to become a self-advocate. Specifically, a professional will:
- Describe the steps to becoming an effective self-advocate
- Identify ways to address daily issues faced by those in recovery, or with mental health issues or disabilities.
- Recognize the legal rights of individuals with mental health issues, disabilities or in recovery.
Citation: SAMHA (2017). Speaking Out for Yourself A Self-Help Guide. Retrieved from https://store.samhsa.gov/shin/content/SMA-3719/SMA-3719.pdf on 7/17/17. Reviewed by TM DiDona, PhD 2018 and found to be current. For a full list of current references, please Click Here
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- Florida Certification Board
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
This course is Non Interactive .