Dealing with the Effects of Trauma
Course Description: This course is based upon material published SAMHSA and is an open access article.
This course is part of the educational requirements for certification as a
peer support specialists and certified recovery support specialists in Florida. It specifically addresses strategies for dealing with the effects of trauma for recovering individuals who wish to work as a peer support specialist.
It contains information, ideas, and strategies that people from all over the country have found to be helpful in relieving and preventing troubling feelings and symptoms. It includes a step by step plan for identifying and coping with the effects of trauma.
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the practitioner with detailed information regarding learning how develop a recovery and wellness lifestlye. Specifically, a professional will:
- Describe ways to heal from the effects of trauma
- Identify sources of trauma and its impact
- Recognize if traumatic experiences may be causing some of the difficult symptoms.
Citation: SAMHSA, Dealing with the Effects of Trauma A Self-Help Guide. Retrieved from https://store.samhsa.gov/shin/content/SMA-3717/SMA-3717.pdf on 7/17/17. Reviewed by TM DiDona, PhD 2018 and found to be current. For a full list of current references, please Click Here
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- Florida Certification Board
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
This course is Non Interactive .