Ethics: AAMFT Code of Ethics – A Review
This course is a review based upon the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT) code of ethics. The code was revised in July of 2001 and establishes the ethical principles and guidelines that are expected for marriage and family therapists in the United States.
If you are a currently a marriage and family therapists, you may have read the code of ethics as a graduate student, it is likely that you do not recall it in detail and that there are elements that will surprise you. If you are a professional educated in another discipline who works in a multidisciplinary team or are interested in understanding the differences in focus that exists between your specialization and marriage and family therapy, this course may also be of value and interest to you.
This course is designed for marriage and family therapists. This course is appropriate for beginning, intermediate and advanced level practitioners who wish to learn about ethics.
This course may meet your license renewal requirements for ethics and legal issues.
Author: American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
Learning Objectives: This course will provide a professional with a review of common ethical problems faced by mental health professionals as well as ways to avoid them. Specifically, a professional will able to:
- Identify core values on which Marriage and Family Therapist’s mission is based.
- Summarize broad ethical principles that reflect the profession’s core values.
- Identify relevant considerations when professional obligations conflict or ethical uncertainties arise.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 1 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 161
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
This course is Non Interactive .