EMDR HAP-Barry Litt -STREAMED-I-Gaze Interweave for Attachment Repair in EMDR
Live- Streamed- Online Webinar
June 23, 2017
The I-Gaze interweave is used in conjunction with the standard protocol to facilitate attachment repair during phase four. This workshop will describe two models for phase three assessment and two interweaves for use in phase four, when the standard protocol is not effective. The Domains of Self-model aids therapists in rapidly assessing the relevant family of negative cognitions and what the challenges and resolution of each domain might look like. The Zone of Optimal Arousal examines the interaction of the window of tolerance and dual awareness variables so therapists can identify what, if any, interweaves will be needed in phase 4, including Somatic Interweaves. Lecture, PowerPoint, and video will be accompanied by numerous case examples. This course is appropriate for intermediate or advanced therapists that are fully trained in EMDR Part One and Part Two.
Barry Litt, LMFT
Barry received his Master’s degree in family therapy in Philadelphia where he studied contextual therapy with its founder, Ivan Boszormenyi-Nagy. Barry is an EMDRIA Approved Consultant, and a member and frequent presenter for the ISSTD and EMDRIA. He has authored three chapters in as many books plus a journal article on the integration of EMDR with couples and family therapy, and has presented workshops at 12 annual EMDR conferences and numerous two-day trainings to international audiences. Barry was a misconduct investigator for the NH Board of Mental Health for a 10-year period. Barry is in private practice in Concord, NH.
Workshop Learning Objectives:
EMDR Therapists will be able to rapidly identify salient negative cognition for EMDR targeting.
EMDR therapists will be able to describe the zone of optimal processing for efficient and safe reprocessing
EMDR Therapists will be able to describe four varieties of suboptimal processing and identify strategies for intervention.
EMDR therapists will be able to utilize somatic interweaves for maintaining their clients within the zone of optimal processing.
EMDR Therapists will be able to utilize the I-Gaze interweave for attachment repair during phase four of the 8 phase EMDR protocol.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 6 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1607
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
This course is Interactive.