Action Planning for Prevention and Recovery
Course Description: This course is based upon material published SAMHSA and is an open access article. This course is part of the educational requirements for certification as a peer support specialists and certified recovery support specialists in Florida. It specifically addresses strategies for action planning for prevention and recovery. It contains information, ideas, and strategies that people from all over the country have found to be helpful in relieving and preventing troubling feelings and symptoms. It includes a step by step plan action planning for prevention and recovery.
This course is designed for peer support counselors, recovery residence administrators, substance abuse counselors, and paraprofessionals who want to work in substance abuse treatment. This course is appropriate for beginning level practitioners.
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the practitioner with introductory information regarding action planning for prevention and recovery. Specifically, a professional will:
- Describe how to develop an action plan
- Identify essential elements of a maintenance plan.
- Recognize strategies for crisis planning.
Citation: SAMHSA, Building Self Esteem: A Self Help Guide Retrieved from https://store.samhsa.gov/shin/content/SMA-3715/SMA-3715.pdf on 7/22/17 Reviewed by TM DiDona, PhD 2018 and found to be current. For a full list of current references, please Click Here
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- Florida Certification Board
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
This course is Non Interactive .