Irene Siegel- EMDR as a Transpersonal Therapy: A Cross Cultural Perspective Where East Meets West
Literature about transpersonal psychology will be presented, along with transpersonal research studies that explored treatment outcomes of EMDR as a transpersonal therapy. Energy based healing philosophy and technique as depicted in Eastern and native shamanic spiritual traditions will be taught along side of contemporary western transpersonal developmental theorists. The cultural and spiritual aspects of shamanism, woven into native tradition, will be taught. The role of EMDR therapy in awakening consciousness will be explored as we take the healing of trauma into the realms of a greater cosmic whole in the language of images, sensory experiences, and intuitive knowing. There will be a continuous and flowing process taking participants from the left brain didactic to the right brain experiential, creating an integrated and flowing experience from egoic to expanded awareness.
Irene Siegel, Ph.D., LCSW conducts her integrative psychotherapy practice and teaches meditation and healing in Huntington N.Y. She received her doctorate degree from the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology (now Sofia University) in 2011, her masters in Social Work from Columbia University in 1977, and advanced clinical training through the Long Island Institute for Mental Health in 1983. She studied ancient healing arts throughout North and South America. Dr. Siegel presented at the EMDRIA conferences in 2000, 2001, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016. She is author of Eyes of the Jaguar and creator of the Labyrinth Series Guided Meditations. Additional info about Dr. Siegel can be found at www.DrIreneSiegel.com
Workshop Learning Objectives
- Identify the relationship between science, psychology, and spiritual philosophy as it applies to resonance and mindful awareness.
- Identify skills of alternative ways of knowing such as inner vision, hearing, knowing, kinesthetic bodily sensations.
- Identify skills of internal intuitive tracking to determine client/therapist resonance as an assessment and healing tool.
- Apply the skills of mindful awareness, resonance, and internal feedback mechanisms into the EMDR protocol, developing a nonlinear integrative approach to the standard protocol.
- Identify the role of the transpersonal therapist healer in modern day psychotherapy, blending western psychology with knowledge of ancient wisdom cultural traditions.
May 22 – 27, 2017
July 31 – August 4, 2017
Please visit www.DrIreneSiegel.com to register for this retreat
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023 Social workers participating in this course will receive 30 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1600
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
This course is Interactive .