Supervising a Peer Support Whole Health and Wellness Program
This manual outlines the essential foundations of the Peer Support Whole Health and Wellness Coach Role, including the scope of practice, key roles, responsibilities, and tasks. The purpose of supervision is discussed, along with recommended processes for setting up a relationship between the supervisor and the Peer Support Whole Health and Wellness Coach. Strategies for integrating the Coach into the team or agency culture and important supervision issues are highlighted. Quality improvement and program evaluation tools and processes are suggested to examine how well the Peer Support Whole Health and Wellness services promote healthy lifestyle goals and address personal and environmental obstacles to health care access. The final section highlights the importance and benefits of helping the peer providers in terms of personal and career development.
This course is designed for peer support counselors, recovery residence administrators, substance abuse counselors, and paraprofessionals who want to work in substance abuse treatment. This course is appropriate for beginning level practitioners.
Authors: Tucker, et al.
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the practitioner with detailed information regarding supervising a peer support whole health and wellness program. Specifically, a professional will:
- Describe the foundational principles of peer support whole health and wellness coaching
- Identify peer support whole health and wellness coach roles and responsibilities
- Recognize strategies for integrating the peer support coaching into the agency or team culture
Citation: Tucker, S.J., Tiegreen, W., Toole, J., Banathy, J., Mulloy, D., & Swarbrick, M. (2013). Supervisor Guide: Peer Support Whole Health and Wellness Coach. Decatur, GA: Georgia Mental Health Consumer Network. Reviewed by TM DiDona, PhD 2018 and found to be current. For a full list of current references, please Click Here
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- Florida Certification Board
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
This course is Non Interactive .