Multimodal Therapy: an Overview
This course defines multimodal therapy and discusses its rationale in the treatment of brain disorders. Challenges and barriers to the development, approval, and use of multimodal therapy are identified, and potential opportunities for the advancement of this treatment model are reviewed. The overarching themes of the article are that a sophisticated understanding of disease processes and disease phenomena is needed to effectively develop multimodal therapies; and achieving the scale needed for trials in the neurosciences requires cost reduction and efficiency improvements.
This course is based upon material published in the book Developing Multimodal Therapies for Brain Disorders: Proceedings of a Workshop and is available as an open access article.
This course on multimodal therapies for brain disorders is designed for social workers, professional counselors, psychologists, nurses, and substance abuse counselors, who do clinical work. This course is appropriate for beginning, intermediate and advanced level practitioners who wish to develop their understanding of brain disorders and the use of multimodal therapy in their treatment. The course material includes a review of multimodal therapy, as well as the challenges, barriers, and potential opportunities for developing multimodal therapy in the treatment of brain disorders.. It may also be useful for licensed clinicians who require clinical continuing education courses for license renewal.
Authors: Bain, Lisa; Keren, Noam I; and Stroud, Clare
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the practitioner with detailed information regarding the use of multimodal therapies for brain disorders. Specifically, a professional will:
• Describe multimodal therapy
• Identify challenges and barriers to the use of multimodal therapy
• Recognize potential opportunities for developing multimodal therapy in the treatment of brain disorders
Citation: Bain, Lisa, et al. Multimodal Therapy: Overview of Principles, Barriers, and Opportunities. Developing Multimodal Therapies for Brain Disorders: Proceedings of a Workshop. The National Academies Press. Reviewed by TM DiDona, PhD 2018 and found to be current. For a full list of current references, please Click Here
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023 Social workers participating in this course will receive 1 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- The National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) Ce-Classes.com has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6320. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Ce-Classes.com is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1598
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
This course is Non Interactive .