Providing Integrated Care for Older Americans Course
This course opens by describing the unique characteristics of older Americans and reviewing caregiver concerns. The relationship between behavioral health and physical health is explored, and ideas are presented for integrating behavioral health and primary care. The role of the community in caring for older adults in also covered. The course closes with a comprehensive list of resources available to those who care for the burgeoning population of older adults in America today. This course is based upon material published in a publication from jointly published by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) and the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), and is available as an open access article.
This course on integrated care for older Americans is designed for social workers, professional counselors, psychologists, nurses, and substance abuse counselors, who do clinical work. This course is appropriate for beginning, intermediate and advanced level practitioners who wish to develop their understanding of care integration for older Americans. The course material includes a review of characteristics of older Americans, caregiver concerns, and resources available to help integrate behavioral and primary care for the elderly. It may also be useful for licensed clinicians who require clinical continuing education courses for license renewal.
Authors: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) and the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the practitioner with detailed information regarding the integration of care for older Americans as their population increases exponentially. Specifically, a professional will:
• Describe the relationship between behavioral health and physical health in older Americans
• Identify caregiver concerns related to older Americans
• Recognize strategies for integrating behavioral health care and primary care for older Americans
Citation: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration and Health Resources and Services Administration, Growing Older: Providing Integrated Care for an Aging Population. HHS Publication No. (SMA) 16-4982. Rockville, MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 2016.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023 Social workers participating in this course will receive 1 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- The National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) Ce-Classes.com has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6320. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Ce-Classes.com is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0223 Expires 2-2023
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1590
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
This course is Non Interactive .