BenderBritt Seminars- AJ Popky- Using EMDR with Addictions The DeTUR Protocol: Desensitizing Urges and Triggers
Desensitizing Triggers and Urge Reprocessing (DeTUR) is a new approach based on the information processing model of EMDR and is used with EMDR as an integral part of a comprehensive plan for the treatment of addictions and dysfunctional behaviors. This approach consists of a comprehensive treatment plan including history, assessment and diagnosis, detoxification (if necessary), medications, aligning internal and external support resources, group or family therapy, creating realistic and achievable treatment goals, individual therapy and relapse prevention.
This workshop is appropriate for EMDR Trained Therapists (Formerly Level 1 & Level 2). Psychologists, Licensed Professional Counselors, Licensed Social Workers and all mental health professionals trained as EMDR therapists.
About the Presenter
Arnold (AJ) Popky was instrumental in the founding of the EMDR Institute, is certified in Ericksonian Hypnosis and is a Master Practitioner of NLP. Dr. Popky specializes in PTSD and addiction. He developed the DeTUR Protocol, which he has presented in workshops internationally. His work can be found in “EMDR Solutions” by Robin Shapiro, PhD and in “Scripted Protocols” by Marilyn Luber, PhD. He also works at camps with our wounded warriors. He presently has a private practice in Sherman Oaks, CA and trains and consults to DoD therapists at Military Bases around the Globe along with several drug rehabilitation centers. Dr. Popky is a charter member of DIV. 1277 of the Marine Corps League. Previously, he spent 30 years in High Technology Silicon Valley electronics, and computer companies.
Workshop Learning Objectives:
- Participant will be able to define where to begin treatment with either DeTUR or EMDR
- Participant will be able to describe and demonstrate each step of the DeTUR protocol.
- Participant will be able to demonstrate the use of Interweaves to speed the healing process
July 22 & 23, 2017
Iselin, New Jersey
Register ONLINE by clicking link below!
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit. Social workers participating in this course will receive 13 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1575
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
This course is Interactive .