HIV Intro and Overview Updated for 2018
This ce course is a compilation from many current sources designed to meet the license renewal requirements for social workers, therapists, psychologists, substance abuse counselors and other behavioral health professionals. It contains the latest information published by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) on HIV and AIDS.
The HIV content in this course includes basic information about transmission, testing and disease progression as well as current information about HIV in the United States. The publication is written in simple, easy to read terms, that provide enough detail to help a chemical dependency counselor, substance abuse specialist, social worker, counselor or psychologist better understand HIV and AIDS.
This course is appropriate for beginning, intermediate and advanced level practitioners who wish to learn more about HIV. It is also a good resource for licensed therapists who need continuing education and don’t know a lot about this disease.
Authors: DiDona, PhD complied from current content from Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Hepatitis C Support Project (HCSP)
Learning Objectives: This course will provide a professional with detailed information about HIV, Hepatitis C and STDs. Specifically the practitioner will:
- Identify modes of HIV transmission
- Describe symptoms of HIV and disease progression
- Identify HIV prevention methods
Citation: Ce-Classes.com (2018). HIV – Introduction and Overview – An Compiled from copy right free sources (CDC and HCSP).
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023 Social workers participating in this course will receive 3 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 157
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
This course is Non Interactive .