Domestic Violence – Extent, Nature, and Consequences of Intimate Partner Violence
This course is based on a comprehensive survey conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention which evaluates the incidence, prevalence and consequences of Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) against women in the United States. The study is important because it is comprehensive and utilizes sound methodology which provides the reader with the most accurate numbers to date. It also includes important information regarding risk factors associated with IPV, the prevalence of IPV among racial minorities, Hispanics and same-sex couples as well as statistics regarding the point in the relationship when violence occurs and the frequency and duration of intimate partner rape and physical assault. This course is designed for both clinicians and administrators who work in both private and public, and urban and rural areas.
Psychologists, social workers, mental health counselors, and marriage and family therapists can benefit from this course. This course may also be helpful for other clinical practitioners such as midwives, dieticians and nutritionists who work with clients who may be at risk for domestic violence. This course is appropriate for beginning, intermediate and advanced level practitioners who wish to develop their expertise in the area of domestic violence.
Author: Surgeon General of the United States
This course will provide a professional with information about the incidence, prevalence and consequences of Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) against women in the United States. Specifically, a professional will:
- Demonstrate knowledge regarding national estimates for the incidence and prevalence of IPV in the US.
- Display an understanding of the prevalence of IPV among minorities and same-sex couples.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the risk factors associated with IPV.
Reviewed by TM DiDona, PhD 2018 and found to be current. For a full list of current references, please Click Here
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023 Social workers participating in this course will receive 3 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 156
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
This course is Non Interactive .