Management of Insomnia Disorder Executive Summary
The Executive Summary of Management of Insomnia Disorder covers the definition of insomnia disorder, as well as a review of the consequences of compromised sleep. Using a literature review methodology, the course looks at the efficacy and comparative effectiveness of behavioral, psychological, and pharmacological interventions for insomnia disorder in terms of populations, interventions, comparators, outcomes, timing, and settings. Differentiation is made between adult subpopulations including the elderly and those who are in pain. Potential adverse effects of the various interventions are also discussed.
This course is based upon material published in the Comparative Effectiveness Review, Number 159, and is available as an open access article.
This course on insomnia disorder management is designed for social workers, professional counselors, psychologists, nurses, and substance abuse counselors, who do clinical work. This course is appropriate for beginning, intermediate and advanced level practitioners who wish to develop their understanding of insomnia disorder and its management. The course material includes a review of psychological, behavioral, and pharmacologic interventions, as well as their efficacy, comparative effectiveness, and adverse effects. It may also be useful for licensed clinicians who require clinical continuing education courses for license renewal.
The course is based on a journal article which includes research. It contains statistical analysis and data that some clinicians enjoy reading and others do not. A major benefit of reading research based articles for continuing education is they provide practitioners with the latest findings in their field.
Authors: M. Brasure, R. MacDonald, E. Fuchs, CM Olson, M. Carlyle, S. Diem, E. Koffel, IS Khawaja, J. Ouellette, M. Butler, RL Kane, TJ Wilt
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the practitioner with detailed information regarding the management of insomnia disorder. Specifically, a professional will:
- Describe the symptomatology of insomnia disorder.
- Identify treatment goals for insomnia disorder.
- Recognize effective treatments for insomnia disorder.
Citation: Brasure, M. et al. Management of Insomnia Disorder: Executive Summary. Comparative Effectiveness Review No. 159. December, 2015.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023 Social workers participating in this course will receive 2 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- The National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) Ce-Classes.com has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6320. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Ce-Classes.com is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1544
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
This course is Non Interactive .