Comorbidity Screening, Assessment, and Treatment Planning
Screening, assessment, and treatment planning constitute three interrelated components of a process that, when properly executed, informs and guides the provision of appropriate, client-centered services to persons with co-occurring disorders (COD). Clients with COD are best served through an integrated screening, assessment, and treatment planning process that addresses both substance use and mental disorders, each in the context of the other. This paper discusses the purpose, appropriate staffing, protocols, methods, advantages and disadvantages, and processes for integrated screening, assessment, and treatment planning for persons with COD as well as systems issues and financing. This course is based upon material published by SAMHSA and is in the public domain.
This course on co-occurring disorders is designed for peer support counselors, recovery residence administrators, substance abuse counselors, and paraprofessionals who want to work in substance abuse treatment. This course is appropriate for beginning level practitioners.
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the practitioner with detailed information regarding co-occurring disorders definitions and terms. Specifically, a professional will:
- Identify the purpose of integrated screening and assessment services for co-occurring disorders.
- Describe advantages and disadvantages of integrated treatment for co-occurring disorders.
- Describe treatment planning for persons with co-occurring disorders.
Citation: Center for Substance Abuse Treatment. Screening, Assessment, and Treatment Planning for Persons With Co-Occurring Disorders. COCE Overview Paper 2. DHHS Publication No. (SMA) 06-4164 Rockville, MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, and Center for Mental Health Services, 2006.
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- Florida Certification Board
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0223 Expires 2-2023
This course is Non Interactive .