Alzheimers Disease Unraveling the Mystery
Course Description: This course on Alzheimer’s Disease is based on a publication by the National Institute on Aging; a division of the National Institutes of Health. The publication can also be found on the National Institute of Aging website. This article describes Alzheimer’s Disease by reviewing the functions of a healthy brain, and then discussing the effects that Alzheimer’s Disease has on the brain. It goes on to discuss symptoms, types, and treatments of this disease.
This is a wonderfully written article. The authors take very complex subject material and simplify it with the aid of stunning visual graphics. This publication is an excellent article for the mental health professional, especially those who work with the elderly. It provides the practitioner with a great deal of much needed information.
Psychologists, social workers, mental health counselors, marriage and family therapists and certified addiction professionals who work with dual diagnosis clients can benefit from this course. This course may also be helpful for other practitioners, such as dieticians and nutritionists who may work with the elderly or with individuals diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease. This course is designed mainly for clinicians and direct service providers. It is targeted for beginning and intermediate practitioners.
Author: National Institute of Health
Learning Objectives: This course will provide a professional with an overview of Alzheimer’s Disease. Specifically, a professional will:
- Identify the functions of a healthy brain.
- Describe the effects of Alzheimer’s Disease on the brain.
- Recall the diagnostic criteria and symptom management strategies for Alzheimer’s Disease.
Citation: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services National Institutes of Health NIH Publication Number: 02-3782 Reviewed by TM DiDona, PhD 2018 and found to be current. For a full list of current references, please Click Here
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Ce-Classes.com, Provider #1142, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2020-1/5/2023
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 149
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
This course is Non Interactive .