OSHA and Workplace Violence Prevention
This course is based upon material published in July, 2013 by the American Supply Association, a national organization that services wholesale distributors and their suppliers. The source material can be found at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V8BumJ96WA
The video features Michael Taylor, an attorney representing management in workplace law and related litigation. The presentation centers on reducing civil and criminal liability based on workplace violence. The incidence of workplace violence is discussed, as are the four different categories of workplace violence, the general duty clause and other regulations that can result in citations, risk factors, at-risk industries, feasible abatement methods, and workplace violence prevention programs. This course on workplace violence is designed for people who work in organizations.
This course is appropriate for beginning level practitioners who wish to develop their understanding of workplace violence. The course material reviews the legal ramifications of workplace violence, identifies industries which are especially prone to workplace violence, and presents best practices for workplace violence prevention programs.
Presented by: American Supply Association (ASA University)
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the practitioner with detailed information regarding best practices in the field of workplace violence prevention. Specifically, a professional will:
- Define workplace violence.
- Identify the risk factors for workplace violence.
- Recognize how to develop and implement a workplace violence prevention program.
Citation: ASA OSHA Workplace Violence Webinar (2013). Video retrieved September 25, 2015, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V8BumJ96WA. Reviewed by TM DiDona, PhD 2018 and found to be current. For a full list of current references, please Click Here
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1489
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
This course is Non Interactive .