Preventing Sexual Harassment at Work
This course is based upon material published in July, 2015 by the Ontario Human Rights Commission (OHRC) and the Human Resources Professionals Association (HRPA). The source material can be found at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stcCevcQsmU The video features the work of Cherie Robertson, an attorney and senior policy analyst at OHRC.
The presentation centers on the impact of sexual harassment on victims and organizations, the legal duty employers have to proactively maintain environments free from discrimination and harassment, and how employers can protect themselves from liability. This course on sexual harassment prevention is designed professionals who work outside the home. This course is appropriate for beginning, intermediate, and advanced level practitioners who wish to develop their understanding of workplace sexual harassment. The course material reviews definitions and types of sexual harassment and presents best practices for workplace sexual harassment prevention programs.
Presented by: Ontario Human Rights Commission (OHRC) and Human Resources Professionals Association (HRPA)
Learning Objectives: This course will provide the practitioner with detailed information regarding best practices in the field of workplace violence prevention. Specifically, a professional will:
- Define harassment, discrimination, and sexual harassment.
- Identify both common and uncommon types of sexual harassment
- Recognize the elements of an effective sexual harassment prevention program.
Citation: OHRC and HRPA Webinar on Preventing Sexual Harassment at Work (2015). Video retrieved October 7, 2015, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stcCevcQsmU. Reviewed by TM DiDona, PhD 2018 and found to be current. For a full list of current references, please Click Here
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1486
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
This course is Non Interactive .